3 Organic Pain Killers As Powerful As Drugs, Without The Side Effects
Unfortunately, acute or chronic pain is something that everyone in their life experiences at one time or another. Even though this is a powerful reminder from the body that something is either healing or going terribly wrong, a way to manage the pain is often required in order to live a functional lifestyle.
The first resort to manage this type of pain has typically been prescriptions or over the counter drugs. These medications do have side effects, however, and people are beginning to realize there are more natural solutions that can be as effective or more powerful than drugs. Here are 3 of them.
Often called Indian Frankincense, boswellia originates in the dry areas of India, Africa, and the Mediterranean. It is a remarkable plant and is becoming better known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is the root of chronic pain. The unique acids (boswellic acids) block the overproduction of cytokinetic activity in damaged tissues while enhancing blood flow to the joints. This combination has also been shown to increase joint mobility and loosen stiff joints (1,2).
Boswellia has shown great success at reducing inflammatory conditions such as Crohn’s, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis, and other painful conditions. Many studies have shown that it is as effective as NSAID’s, which are the most commonly prescribed drug for issues related to inflammation and chronic pain.
Another powerful anti-inflammatory food with exceptional pain relief properties, turmeric is an ancient spice commonly used in Indian and Asian cuisine. Turmeric has shown to work better than many other pain-killing drugs at relieving arthritis, joint pain, stiffness, muscle spasms, and other chronic pain conditions.
A natural painkiller and COX-2 inhibitor, turmeric has been shown to be a safe and effective remedy due to its ability to not only stop inflammation, but to suppress nerve related pain as well (3,4,5). This makes it exceptional for those who suffer from fibromyalgia.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Astaxanthin (asta-zan-thin) is a deep red coloured phytonutrient synthesized by microalgae called Haematococcus, and is also known as the “King of Carotenoids”. It’s grown in fresh water using sophisticated techniques that encourage the algae to grow its own powerful medicines protecting it from oxidation, UV radiation, and other environmental stressors.
Even though astaxanthin may not be as powerful as leading pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories, it is found to be one of the strongest ones in nature. Several double blind, placebo controlled animal and clinical trials shows that astaxanthin naturally inhibits many of the known inflammation mediators, which eases inflammation and pain without side effects (6).
It has been used effectively for joint pain, muscle recovery, and other painful conditions. Since astaxanthin is fat soluble (unlike most antioxidants) it gets carried by fat molecules directly to your muscles, tissues, and organs where it is needed most, like your brain, breast tissue, prostate tissue, skeletal muscles, and retina.
Of course, the effectiveness of these remedies relies on several factors, including the individual’s current lifestyle and dietary habits. To learn from someone who has recovered from debilitating pain naturally with a completely holistic approach (who now enjoys radiant health on a daily basis), check out Advice from a Survivor – How To Live A Healthy Life. If you’re looking for to eliminate the source of pain, the first step is almost always to Balance Your Inner Ecosystem.
- Comparative Efficacy And Tolerability Of 5-Loxin And AflapinAgainst Osteoarthritis Of The Knee: A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Clinical Study
- Clinical Evaluation Of Boswellia Serrata (Shallaki) Resin In The Management Of Sandhivata (osteoarthritis)
- Efficacy And Safety Of Meriva®, A Curcumin-phosphatidylcholine Complex, During Extended Administration In Osteoarthritis Patients
- Curcumin Maintenance Therapy For Ulcerative Colitis: Randomized, Multicenter, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial
- Comparative Evaluation Of The Pain-relieving Properties Of A Lecithinized Formulation Of Curcumin (Meriva(®)), Nimesulide, And Acetaminophen
- Lee SJ, Bai SK, Lee KS, Namkoong S, Na HJ, Ha KS, Han JA, Yim SV, Chang K, Kwon YG, Lee SK, Kim YM. Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide production and inflammatory gene expression by suppressing I(kappa)B kinase-dependent NF-kappaB activation. Mol Cells. 2003 Aug 31;16(1):97-105. PubMed PMID: 14503852.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Natural News (see all)
- Getting the flu is SAFER than getting the flu shot, warns doctor - February 7, 2018
- Are you putting Monsanto in your vagina? 85% of tampons and feminine hygiene products contaminated with cancer-causing glyphosate herbicide - December 13, 2017
- You won’t believe this hidden cause of restless leg syndrome - December 13, 2017