Working out is time-consuming and for many, it can be a chore. Adding another step to your routine can be annoying, but when considering long-term health, it’s important. Healthy posture is important for steering clear of knee, back, and joint pain. To maintain and develop healthy posture stretching before exercise is vital.
Anyone with joint pain needs to try these 5 stretches to get relief in just minutes
After injuring yourself, it is important to find exercises that keep your muscles working instead of using painkillers which mask the problem, without offering any solutions. Exercising neglected muscle groups is a good way to correct joint problems and relieve some of the stress that our joints feel when they are overcompensating for other muscles. That’s why we’ve provided a list of exercises to eliminate back, leg and joint pain, alongside 4 other exercises which reinforce muscle groups that could cause back, knee, and joint pain in the future if neglected.
5 Exercises You Can Do in 5 minutes to Eliminate Back, Leg and Joint Pain
1. Toe Presses
Like any component of the body, the feet must be warmed up before doing this physical exercise. Toe presses are a calming and effective way to warm-up for your feet.
Using a toe press machine:
- Put the front half of your feet along the edge of the panel that you are going to push out
- Push the panel out with your quads and hold for three seconds
- Slowly release and repeat 10 more times.
- Do this three time a day.
2. Toe Strolling
This exercise doesn’t take the toe strength of a ballerina and it can reinforce the ligaments and muscles encircling the balls of your feet.
- Walk on your tiptoes for 20 seconds.
- Relax for 10-15 seconds.
- Then repeat 5 times.
3. Ankle Rolls
Ankles need a range of motion. When they limited, other muscles have to compensate leading to soreness and injury in other muscle groups, including your hip, back, and knees.
- Stand on one leg and roll the ankle clockwise on your other leg for ten seconds then counter-clockwise for 10 seconds
- Switch ankles and repeat
4. Toe Flexor Strengthening Exercise (Resistance Band)
This exercise works the small muscle groups responsible for stability.
- Sit on a chair with your foot flat on top of a resistance band.
- Pull the band up and release
- Do 10 reps and 3 sets of this
5. Toe Pen Pick-Ups
Toe pen pickups are simple and can be done anywhere. All you need is a chair and a pen (or pencil we’re not picky).
- Sit in a chair with a pain in front of you.
- Utilizing your feet pick up the pen and raise it from the floor for 10 seconds.
- Do this motion five times for both feet.
4 Stretches to Reinforce the Knees and Get Rid of Knee Pain Permanently
Attempt these 5 stretches 3-4 times per week to reinforce the knees and get rid of knee pain permanently.
1. Foam Roller Hip Abduction
This physical exercise fortifies the internal leg muscles and sides of the knees.
- Lay on your back.
- Place the foam roller between your knees and press your knees together.
- While maintaining your feet on the floor, flex your knees
- Hold the press for 5-10 seconds and release.
- Do 10-15 times.
2. Calf Loosened with Ball
Calf muscle tissue provides a lot of support for the knees however they are frequently overlooked in our stretches. Calf muscles need these stretches as they are used in activities like biking and high-impact workouts. Stretching will keep your calf muscles loose and prevent any further pain in your calves that the knee might have to compensate for.
- Sit down on the floor then raise yourself with your hand and one of your legs
- Flex the other leg and put the tennis ball under it.
- Start moving your body back and forth with your hands and fortified leg, rolling the ball along your calf.
3. The Bridge
This exercise is great for conditioning hamstrings .
- Lay on your back
- Place your feet on the floor with your knees in the air
- Slowly lift your back up, and tighten your abdominal muscles
- Once your back is straight with your legs maintain this position for 5-10 seconds
- Repeat 10 times.
4. Foam Roller Stretch for Quads
For those who have not committed to the foam roller, you need to! The Instaflex is a great product to relieve aching and restricted muscle tissue in your quads. The quads are a big muscle mass which provides a lot of structure and stability in the body, making it an important muscle group to maintain, to keep other areas healthy like your back and knees.
- Get on all fours, face down, placing your upper knee on the foam roller
- Place as much weight on the roller as necessary, by dropping onto your forearms or by lifting your feet off of the ground
- Then move back and forth moving the roller along your thigh, massaging your quads.
All of the muscles in the body rely on each other. When you neglect one muscle, you risk injury everywhere else. It is important to stretch frequently and thoroughly to ensure that your muscles are loose and ready to be used.
Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate exercise prescription. If you experience any pain or difficulty with these exercises, stop and consult your healthcare provider.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Sophie Addison is a popular blogger and skincare expert. She is very passionate about writing on skincare and beauty. She has posted articles on tips for fine lines under eyes, best eye creams, weight loss andfitness news. In recent years, she had the opportunity to research on top memory pills
. Apart from work she likes gardening and listening music. You can also contact her on Facebook
, and Pinterest
Latest posts by Sophie Addison (see all)