The Amazing Healing Power Of Cat Purrs
I am 32 years old and while my friends are either having or hoping to have children soon, I have no interest in that. What I really want is a furbaby – otherwise known as a CAT.
Yep, I am a cat-crazy girl named Kat.
Unfortunately, I have never had a cat… my mother never allowed it when I was a child and as an adult, it simply hasn’t fit with my nomadic lifestyle. But the time has come: this will be the year of the cat for me.
Why do I want a cat?
Because cats are the coolest (don’t even argue on that with me!) and the best pet to have! Here’s why:
- Cats are low maintenance. You don’t have to take them out for walks like you need to do with dogs.
- They are independent. They even take care of their bathroom business alone.
- They are full of love. And cats don’t just love you because you are ‘their human,’ but because they also love you for YOU.
- They are smart and full of personality.
- They are cute. Don’t believe me? Go watch some cat videos, NOW!
What is even more interesting is that cats have healing powers – or rather, their purrs do.
A Brief History Of Cats
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
I am not the first one in history who has an appreciation for cats. In fact, the strong bond between cats and humans dates back for as long as history can remember.
- The oldest remains of a young wild cat buried with a human were found in Cyprus. The remains are about 9,500 years old. 
- In Ancient Egypt, cats were loved and worshiped. Their goddess of war and protection, Bastet, is a woman with the head of a cat. Beyond Egypt, cats were loved around the whole world among many cultures. 
- Chinese farmers worshiped Li-Shou, the Chinese cat god for protecting their crops from mice and rats. The Polish cat god, Ovinnik, was believed to chase away evil spirits. Ai-apaec was the name of the Peruvian cat god. Ceridwen, a Welsh goddess, was attended by white cats to help her in the human world. 
Now let’s leave history alone and forget about personal preferences of pets for now. Let’s look at the real science behind the healing powers of cats.
The Healing Power Of A Cat’s Purr
A recent study found cats’ purrs to be medically therapeutic when in the range of 25 – 150 Hz.  People who own cats also seem to suffer less from health conditions, get better sleep and are 40% less likely to have a heart attack, simply because cats that are loved and being cared for help their ‘human’ to relax. 
Cat purr vibrations can help you with: 
- Pain relief
- Wound recovery
- Muscle growth
- Muscle repair
- Tendon repair
- Bone recovery and growth
- Joint mobility
- Shortness of breath
What If You Are Allergic To Cats?
There are hypoallergenic cat breeds you can consider, including: 
- Cornish Rex
- Devon Rex
- Russian Blue
- Oriental Shorthair
If you are looking to get a cat, make sure to go to the Humane Society or look around your community for kittens that need a good home. Remember, while cats are sweet and are apparently good for your health, they are also a big responsibility. Make sure you have the right environment, time and love for them.
Are you a cat person? Do you have a cat? Tell us about him or her! Better yet, show us a picture – we would love to see your fur-babies. Share with us in the comments below!
 Walton, M. (2009, April 9). Ancient burial looks like human and pet cat. Retrieved from http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/04/08/cats.cyprus/index.html
 Kelley, J. A. (2015, June 04). 6 Cat Gods and Goddesses Worshiped by Ancient Cultures. Retrieved from http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/6-cat-gods-goddesses-worshiped-ancient-cultures
 Muggenthaler, E. V. (2001, October). The felid purr: A healing mechanism? Retrieved from http://scitation.aip.org/content/asa/journal/jasa/110/5/10.1121/1.4777098
 Teitelbaum, J. (2008, August 06). Cats Better Than Cholesterol Meds in Preventing Heart Disease! Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/complementary-medicine/200808/cats-better-cholesterol-meds-in-preventing-heart-disease
 PetMD. (n.d.). Hypoallergenic Cat Breeds. Retrieved from http://www.petmd.com/cat/wellness/evr_ct_hypoallergenic_cat_breeds
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- The 21 Most Dangerous Foods in the World People Still Insist on Eating - December 22, 2017
- Banana Ginger Smoothie To Help Burn Fat and Boost Your Weight Loss Potential - December 8, 2017
- Coconut Oil is AMAZING, But Only If You Buy the Right Kind: Here’s What to Look For - October 24, 2016