The Amazing Healing Power Of Cat Purrs
I am 32 years old and while my friends are either having or hoping to have children soon, I have no interest in that. What I really want is a furbaby – otherwise known as a CAT.
Yep, I am a cat-crazy girl named Kat.
Unfortunately, I have never had a cat… my mother never allowed it when I was a child and as an adult, it simply hasn’t fit with my nomadic lifestyle. But the time has come: this will be the year of the cat for me.
Why do I want a cat?
Because cats are the coolest (don’t even argue on that with me!) and the best pet to have! Here’s why:
- Cats are low maintenance. You don’t have to take them out for walks like you need to do with dogs.
- They are independent. They even take care of their bathroom business alone.
- They are full of love. And cats don’t just love you because you are ‘their human,’ but because they also love you for YOU.
- They are smart and full of personality.
- They are cute. Don’t believe me? Go watch some cat videos, NOW!
What is even more interesting is that cats have healing powers – or rather, their purrs do.
A Brief History Of Cats
I am not the first one in history who has an appreciation for cats. In fact, the strong bond between cats and humans dates back for as long as history can remember.
- The oldest remains of a young wild cat buried with a human were found in Cyprus. The remains are about 9,500 years old. 
- In Ancient Egypt, cats were loved and worshiped. Their goddess of war and protection, Bastet, is a woman with the head of a cat. Beyond Egypt, cats were loved around the whole world among many cultures. 
- Chinese farmers worshiped Li-Shou, the Chinese cat god for protecting their crops from mice and rats. The Polish cat god, Ovinnik, was believed to chase away evil spirits. Ai-apaec was the name of the Peruvian cat god. Ceridwen, a Welsh goddess, was attended by white cats to help her in the human world. 
Now let’s leave history alone and forget about personal preferences of pets for now. Let’s look at the real science behind the healing powers of cats.
The Healing Power Of A Cat’s Purr
A recent study found cats’ purrs to be medically therapeutic when in the range of 25 – 150 Hz.  People who own cats also seem to suffer less from health conditions, get better sleep and are 40% less likely to have a heart attack, simply because cats that are loved and being cared for help their ‘human’ to relax. 
Cat purr vibrations can help you with: 
- Pain relief
- Wound recovery
- Muscle growth
- Muscle repair
- Tendon repair
- Bone recovery and growth
- Joint mobility
- Shortness of breath
What If You Are Allergic To Cats?
There are hypoallergenic cat breeds you can consider, including: 
- Cornish Rex
- Devon Rex
- Russian Blue
- Oriental Shorthair
If you are looking to get a cat, make sure to go to the Humane Society or look around your community for kittens that need a good home. Remember, while cats are sweet and are apparently good for your health, they are also a big responsibility. Make sure you have the right environment, time and love for them.
Are you a cat person? Do you have a cat? Tell us about him or her! Better yet, show us a picture – we would love to see your fur-babies. Share with us in the comments below!
 Walton, M. (2009, April 9). Ancient burial looks like human and pet cat. Retrieved from http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/04/08/cats.cyprus/index.html
 Kelley, J. A. (2015, June 04). 6 Cat Gods and Goddesses Worshiped by Ancient Cultures. Retrieved from http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/6-cat-gods-goddesses-worshiped-ancient-cultures
 Muggenthaler, E. V. (2001, October). The felid purr: A healing mechanism? Retrieved from http://scitation.aip.org/content/asa/journal/jasa/110/5/10.1121/1.4777098
 Teitelbaum, J. (2008, August 06). Cats Better Than Cholesterol Meds in Preventing Heart Disease! Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/complementary-medicine/200808/cats-better-cholesterol-meds-in-preventing-heart-disease
 PetMD. (n.d.). Hypoallergenic Cat Breeds. Retrieved from http://www.petmd.com/cat/wellness/evr_ct_hypoallergenic_cat_breeds
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- Coconut Oil is AMAZING, But Only If You Buy the Right Kind: Here’s What to Look For - October 24, 2016
- The Amazing Healing Power Of Cat Purrs - October 23, 2016
- Juice Raw Garlic Once a Week and This Can Happen to Your Lungs, Skin, and Cholesterol - June 1, 2016
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook