The Apple Cider Thieves’ Vinegar Recipe That Was Strong Enough to Ward Off the Plague
The remarkable part is that they did this all without contracting the plague for themselves. When the thieves were finally caught, they struck up a deal with authorities. They gave up their plague-resistant secret recipe for a lenient sentence. This recipe makes use of some of the most widespread antimicrobial herbs out there.
This herbal tonic worked to prevent the plague in three ways. First, it is a potent natural bug repellent. A major part of what made the plague so widespread was its transmission through fleas. This healing elixir makes use of some of the best natural insect repellents!
Secondly, Thieves’ vinegar is an impressive antiviral, antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial! Each of the herbs in this tonic are superstars in their own right. Sweet Annie (or sweet wormwood) for example, has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat fevers. Notably, sweet wormwood is one of the most important anti-malarial agents out there. By infusing the vinegar with these herbs, you’re boosting its healing abilities exponentially!
Lastly, Thieves’ vinegar works to deliver a boost to your immune system. Each of these ingredients contain their own nutrients and minerals that the vinegar carries directly to the body. But, we’re overlooking one of the most beneficial ingredients in Thieves’ vinegar: The vinegar itself!
Health Benefits of Vinegar
Perhaps you’ve used white vinegar to clean or have cleaning products with vinegar in them. That’s because vinegar is a household staple that we often overlook until we get sick. Aside from cleaning in and around the home, I’ve used vinegar to treat all sorts of things from my seasonal allergies, to my lifetime struggle with dandruff, to relieving gout. Among many other things, vinegar has been used to:
- Prevent infections
- Lower blood sugar
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Aid in weight loss in obese adults
- Treat acid reflux from low stomach acids
- Treat fever
- Relieve the symptoms of poison ivy
This recipe makes use of a special vinegar that, unlike white vinegar, contains cancer-fighting phytochemicals.
Apple Cider Vinegar
If you’ve been reading Healthy Holistic Living articles for awhile now, you’re sure to know all there is to know about apple cider vinegar. Compared to other vinegars, apple cider vinegar, derived from fermented apples, boasts more health benefits and uses.
This recipe involves allowing the herbs to steep in apple cider vinegar which extracts their infection fighting abilities and amplifies them! Try Thieves’ vinegar today.
- ¼ cup dry (or ¾ cup fresh) lavender, sage, lemon balm, rosemary, peppermint and Artemisia annua (sweet wormwood)
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Add your dry (or fresh) herbs, chili peppers, and minced garlic to a quart-sized mason jar.
- Add just enough apple cider vinegar to cover the contents of the jar. Making sure the vinegar does not reach the top, cover tightly with the lid.
- Let this sit for a day, and top off the jar after the herbs have absorbed some of the vinegar.
- Let this sit in a cool, dark place for at least four weeks.
- Strain and squeeze the leaves of any vinegar and dispose of them.
- Take a tablespoon daily to prevent illness.
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- 3-Ingredient Mixture Improves Vision and Liver Detoxification - November 21, 2017
- Playboy’s Crystal Heffner Just Woke Up The World About The Truth Behind Breast Implants - November 20, 2017
- Studies Show That Husbands Stress Women Twice As Much As Children - November 14, 2017
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook