Apple Fritters (Gluten-free, processed sugar free, and vegan)
We had friends over this weekend for a campfire cookout! These fritters were the perfect way to end the evening! Best of all, they are healthy and vegan. They are sweet with a crunchy outer crust and a soft inner core – absolute perfection! These fritters were kid tested and approved! Skip the fritters that are packed with gluten, sugar, and nasty oils. Stay home and enjoy this recipe!
Apple Fritters Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- egg replacer for one egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon milk of choice
Apple Fritters Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat enough coconut oil to fill one inch of the pan. (I use a small pan and make the fritters one at a time in order to not waste too much oil.
- While oil is coming to heat, mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in apple until apples are covered with batter.
- To test oil, drop cold water into oil – oil should begin to pop when hot enough. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Using hands, carefully drop flattened or rounded fritter into oil and allow frying for about 3 minutes or until browned and flip to other side.
- Drain fritters on paper towel.
- After all fritters are made and drained on paper towel, place in oven-safe container and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a coffee grinder or Vitamix, powder coconut sugar and blend arrowroot powder into coconut sugar. Add milk and mix to make the glaze.
- Remove fritters from oven and when cool to touch, dip each side of fritter in glaze and return to baking pan to cool.
- These fritters are delicious served warm.
Nutritional benefits of this recipe:
The fiber found in apples combine with other nutrients to give the apple extra health benefits. The fiber in apples can help prevent heart disease by lowering blood fat levels. Recent research shows that the soluble fiber, when blended with pectin from the apple, is responsible for this effect. (1)
Studies are showing that health benefits of apples begin in the digestive tract. Apples are shown to alter two strains of bacteria in the large intestine. Due to the altering of the bacteria, there is more fuel available to the large intestine for continued digestion. (1)
Article originally published on Rawfoodworld.com republished with permission
(1) The World’s Healthiest Foods. (n.d.). What’s New and Beneficial About Apples. Retrieved from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=15
A quick note from our founder
I wanted to tell you about a better and far easier way to get all your daily nutritional needs and then some into your diet...
It's so incredible, I've done the unthinkable. YES, I sold my juicer--never to juice again!
And NO I am not spending good money on outrageously expensive smoothies at those high-priced franchises or shots of wheatgrass at $5 a pop.
No this is way easier and cheaper…
In fact, each serving takes just 30 seconds to make and contains all your daily nutrition needs and more-- and at the same time, costs JUST $1.36 per serving.
You can make a glass in a snap, with water or almond milk and just a spoon or a water bottle.
Maybe best of all, each serving contains no sugar and there's no gag-reflex from the yucky taste of the dreaded green foam : )
Check out my new inexpensive, juicer-free juicing method
It’s high time our collective glasses become half-full once again. This isn’t to say that we’re going to turn a blind eye when it comes to serious news, and if we feel it’s important to share, we will. However, there will be more dreaming, less dwelling . . . more positivity, less panic. We’ll achieve this through a variety of information including news articles, uplifting videos and images, helpful recipes, and so much more.
Latest posts by Raw Food World (see all)
- Curcumin Found To Be An Effective Treatment For Ulcerative Colitis! - December 13, 2017
- Apple Fritters (Gluten-free, processed sugar free, and vegan) - December 22, 2015
- Teen with epilepsy and autism is now able to use medical marijuana at school due to new government policy! - November 26, 2015