This amazing article was written by Sasha Brown, health writer, and owner of VoxNature and Affordableblogging.com. You can check out her website here or follow her on Facebook.
7 of the world’s most powerful cleaners that are 100% chemical-free
When it comes to cleaning, the simpler the method, the better it is, especially in the bathroom. We all love the scent of a freshly cleaned bathroom. However, the tradeoff for that fresh and clean feeling is a combination of a lot of dangerous chemicals.
The average multi-surface cleaner has at least eight different ingredients, some of which are hard to pronounce. Some of the ingredients can also irritate your eyes, nose or even skin if there is contact.
7 Bathroom Cleaning Hacks
Here are seven bathroom cleaning hacks to get that clean feeling without the use of chemicals still.
1. Lemons to Bring Back The Shine
After continued use, the faucets on your sink and in your shower will show signs of wear. There will be soap scum and water stains building up over time.
A quick and easy way to restore them to their original shine is to rub a fresh lemon over them simply. Because lemon is acidic, it will work as a natural degreaser. This will also leave behind a fresh scent.
2. Clean Your Entire Toilet with White Vinegar
This step is probably one of the most dreaded parts of cleaning a bathroom but is necessary. Vinegar is a great antibacterial, the antimicrobial eco-friendly option to those harsh cleaners.
- Pour some white vinegar into your toilet’s tank, and then spray the lower surfaces before wiping it away.
- To clean inside the bowl, pour more vinegar into the bowl, stuff vinegar-soaked tissue around the inner rim and let it sit. Be sure not to use too much tissue as you can easily just flush it all away and have a sparkling clean toilet.
3. Try Black Tea For Clear Mirrors
When it comes to cleaning mirrors, there is always the risk of streaking. Certain glass cleaners also leave behind the residue that makes your mirrors slightly cloudy. To avoid this and the chemicals, you can use black tea to clean them instead.
- Simply brew about 8 full ounces of black tea (with a minimum of three tea bags), pour it in a spray bottle and use it as you would any other cleaner.
- For this trick, however, it’s better to use newspaper instead of cloths or paper towels when wiping.
4. Your Own All-in-One Cleaning Solution
Making your own cleaner might seem like a difficult task, but it’s fairly easy and cheap.
- In a clean pourable bottle with a lid, combine 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap, ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide and a ½ cup of baking soda.
- The mixture should be fairly thick, meaning you can pour it on your grout or onto a sponge to wipe around the surfaces. Be sure to label the bottle.
5. An Easier Way to Wipe Down Your Shower
Soap scum builds up each time we use our showers. Use a dish wand to wipe down your shower.
- Inside the tub, place half your normal amount of liquid dish soap and fill the other half with vinegar.
- This combination will cut through the grime without too much pressure from you.
6. Getting Into the Drain
We don’t really notice just how much hair we shed in the shower until the drain clogs or it’s time to clean it. To clean yours, all you need is vinegar, baking soda, a screwdriver to remove the drain cap and paper towels to dispose of the trapped hair.
7. Removing Mold Naturally
It’s a slightly embarrassing problem but one that has to be addressed before it gets out of control.
- To remove mold from your shower, simply combine 1 part hydrogen peroxide with 2 parts water into a spray bottle and spray directly onto the mold.
- Let it dry, then rise.
- You can also scrub the area with hot water and castile soap, then use white vinegar to spray onto the mold spots.
Here are some more natural cleaning tips!
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Sasha is a freelance writer who specializes in health, wellness, business, lifestyle, technology, and travel. She's the owner and content manager of VoxNature.com
. She also writes regularly for numerous other publications, including Lifehack, Natural News, Blogher, and Elite daily.
You connect with Sasha here
Latest posts by Sasha Brown (see all)