Roasted Buttery Brussels Sprouts – You Won’t Be Able To Have Just One
By Ricky Elmer
Brussel sprouts are an amazing cruciferous vegetable that you should know about if you don’t already. They hold many health benefits from antioxidant properties to cancer prevention and they also taste great!
Health Benefits of Brussel Sprouts:
- Antioxidant Support – They contain many vitamin antioxidants such as vitamins A and C (beta-carotene), flavonoid antioxidants like quercetin, kaempferol and isorhamnetin. As a group, these antioxidants provide help for the body’s cells that are at risk of oxidative damage, usually from overly reactive oxygen-containing molecules.
- Cardiovascular Support – A variety of cardiovascular problems (such as ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis and heart attack) have been looked at by researchers and evidence was found that supports the ability of cruciferous vegetables to lower the risk of these cardiovascular problems.
- Anti-inflammatory Support – They can aid you in avoiding excessive, chronic inflammation by supplying a variety of nutrient benefits. One such nutrient is glucosinolate. These nutrients help regulate your body’s anti-inflammatory/inflammatory system and stem inflammation.
- Digestive Support – For every cup of brussel sprouts there is about 4 grams of fiber. This makes them a great choice for digestive system support. They also make sulforaphane, which aids in protecting your stomach lining by blocking bacterial overgrowth.
Now that you know more on these amazing little vegetables, here is a recipe that will allow you to prepare and enjoy this delicious, healthy little plant.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted grass fed butter, ghee (or your own mixture)
- Turn your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place all of your ingredients inside and seal the bag, then shake well to coat the brussel sprouts. Pour the contents out onto a baking sheet and insert them into the oven.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes, while shaking the pan every 5-7 minutes (this is for browning). If they start to burn, reduce the heat. The brussel sprouts will come out dark brown, almost black, when they are fully cooked. Serve as soon as you pull them out of the oven. You can add more pepper or salt if needed for seasoning.
There you have it! An easy way to cook brussel sprouts so that you can enjoy not only their taste, but their amazing health benefits as well. There are plenty more recipes that contain these vegetables too, so if this one isn’t to your liking, there are recipes that I’m sure will taste great to you. Let us know what you find!
Article originally published on Fitlife.tv republished with permission
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Drew Canole is a Nutrition Specialist, Transformation Specialist and national spokesperson for the benefits of juicing vegetables for health and vitality. He is the founder of Fitlife.TV
where he shares "Educational, Inspirational and Entertaining" videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity.
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)