Most of us know that healthy eating and exercise promote longevity. Sadly, what we can see is that the percent who know, and the percent who choose to live differently, are not equal.
Body signals that may be overlooked but are a sign of vitamin deficiencies
Clear evidence has shown the damage processed and refined foods have on people’s health.
The dangers of processed foods and refined sugars
A large part of the problem in today’s society is that Americans are going through large addictive behaviors with many processed foods and refined sugar. The more we consume, the more it becomes addictive. Corn syrup, synthetic additives, preservatives, add to more troubles. (1)
While the above can lead to disease and inflammation, there are more subtle symptoms that can point to nutrient deficiency. (2) It doesn’t help that the food quality we obtain today is not as good as many years ago due to a decrease in soil quality; and adding poor nutritional choices certainly compounds the problem.
Five signs that you may be nutrient deficient
- Cracks at the corners of your mouth – possible deficiency in iron, zinc, B vitamins, riboflavin, and B12. Consider Swiss chard, tahini, broccoli, red bell peppers, kale, and cauliflower.
- Red, scaly rash on your face and hair loss – possible deficiency in biotin and fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K). Consider avocados, mushrooms, cauliflower, nuts, raspberries, and bananas.
- Acne-like red or white bumps on cheeks, arms, thighs, and butt – possible deficiency in essential fatty acids and vitamin A and D. Consider leafy green vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes, and red bell peppers.
- Tingling, prickling, and numbness in hands, feet, or elsewhere – possible deficiency in B vitamins such as folate, B6, and B12. Consider spinach, asparagus, and beets.
- Serious muscle cramps like stabbing pains in toes, calves, arches of feet, and the back of the legs – possible deficiency in magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Consider almonds, hazelnuts, squash, kale, spinach, dandelions, broccoli, Bok choy, and apples. (2,3)
Obtaining good quality supplements can further enhance your body’s natural balance of vitamins and minerals as well!
Sources for this article include:
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Raw Food World's mission to swim against the tide of this negativity. Our goal is to deliver positive news to the masses in a way that has never been done before. This means that all of our content will be a source of uplifting stories, inspirational topics and always, hope.
It’s high time our collective glasses become half-full once again. This isn’t to say that we’re going to turn a blind eye when it comes to serious news, and if we feel it’s important to share, we will. However, there will be more dreaming, less dwelling . . . more positivity, less panic. We’ll achieve this through a variety of information including news articles, uplifting videos and images, helpful recipes, and so much more.
Latest posts by Raw Food World (see all)