7 Early Warning Signs You Have A Worm In Your Brain From Eating Sushi
Gnathostomiasis: The Parasite
Gnathostomiasis is a parasitic infection caused by larvae (worms). The disease is most prominent in Southeast Asia, but cases have been reported in other parts of the world. This infection is caused by eating any one of the following:
- undercooked or raw freshwater fish
Signs and symptoms
If you’re infected, you will notice migratory swellings under your skin. You may also experience these signs:
- abdominal or right upper quadrant pain
Symptoms should appear 24 hours after consumption.
As the worm migrates throughout the body, it causes the infected person to experience severe pain. Though it’s rare, the parasite can penetrate other bodily tissues such as the liver, the nerves, the spinal cord, the eye, resulting in vision loss or blindness, or the brain, resulting in nerve pain, paralysis, coma, and death.
In this video, Dr. Greger provides you with more information about gnathostomiasis and shares real-life cases.
- Greger, M., M.D., FACLM. (2015, June 8). Migratory Skin Worms from Sushi. Retrieved from http://nutritionfacts.org/video/migratory-skin-worms-from-sushi/
- Centers for Disease Control. (2012, January 10). Parasites – Gnathostomiasis (Gnathostoma Infection). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/gnathostoma/
- Herman, J. S., & Chiodini, P. L. (2009, July). Gnathostomiasis, Another Emerging Imported Disease. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2708391/
- Online Parasitological Center. (n.d.). Clinical Presentation of Gnathostomiasis in Humans. Retrieved from https://web.stanford.edu/class/humbio103/ParaSites2001/gnathostomiasis/PAGES/clinical.htm
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!