Wrap your leg with cabbage for 1 hour and this will happen to your joint pain
Here at HHL, we love cabbage for its low-calorie and high nutritional benefits. It’s full of vitamin C, K, and potassium! We’ve also LOVED its cancer-fighting and anti-inflammatory superpowers (and it’s deliciousness that makes it oh-so-easy to eat). Now, we’ve got even more to love! Have you ever heard of a cabbage compress?
An old Irish blessing reads, “May the leaves of your cabbage always be free from worms.”
Cabbage has been used for treating swollen and bruised skin for centuries. It’s full of phytonutrients, vitamins, anthocyanins, and glutamine that contain anti-inflammatory properties, which are good for easing cancer AND joint pain! It’s been used to treat arthritis and sports injuries. The evidence has been anecdotal, but many arthritis sufferers reduce their medicinal intake by adding cabbage leaves to their treatment. How have they used cabbage? As a wrap!
What You’ll Need:
- Cabbage (organic; preferably red)
- Gauze or Bandage
- Aluminium foil
- Rolling pin/wine bottle/meat hammer
- Peel away an outer leaf of the cabbage and wash thoroughly.
- Dry the leaf thoroughly and cut out the hard stem.
- Place the cabbage leaf on the counter and with a rolling pin bruise the leaf to release the juice within.
- Wrap cabbage in foil and place in the oven for a few minutes to warm them, but not make them hot.
- Place cabbage directly over the affected area of your body.
- Cover the leave with bandage or gauze and elevate the area.
- Keep cabbage compress on for up to an hour. Repeat 2-3 times per day and change cabbage leaf every time. You should start to feel the benefits by the next day.
- Optional: To make a cold compress, refrigerate the cabbage before you begin the process above, and skip step #4.
The reason we want to use red cabbage is because it contains anthocyanins (the chemical that gives red cabbage its color). Anthocyanins are known to reduce joint pain and inflammation. Both red and green cabbage are studied for their other health properties and healing effects on ulcers.
Warning: Cabbage allergies are rare, but swelling or itching where the cabbage is placed means it needs to be removed immediately. Consult your doctor if irritation continues or worsens.
Enjoy your new alternative medicine, and let us know how it goes in the comments below! If you liked what you read and want to hear about something new, let us know by commenting below!
Here are a few more great ways to use cabbage in your diet:
Chase, L. (2014, March 21). Natural healing: Anti-inflammatory cabbage compress. Retrieved from http://blog.walkjogrun.net/2014/03/21/natural-healing-anti-inflammatory-cabbage-compress/
Bardot, J. (2010, August 14). How to Apply Raw Cabbage Leaves for the Relief of Joint Pain. Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/205430-how-to-apply-raw-cabbage-leaves-for-the-relief-of-joint-pain/
Learn and Live Well. (2011, April 11). Cabbage Leaves Relieve Pain and Swelling. Retrieved from http://learnandlivewell.blogspot.ca/2011/04/cabbage-leaves-relieve-pain-and.html
A quick note from our founder
I wanted to tell you about a better and far easier way to get all your daily nutritional needs and then some into your diet...
It's so incredible, I've done the unthinkable. YES, I sold my juicer--never to juice again!
And NO I am not spending good money on outrageously expensive smoothies at those high-priced franchises or shots of wheatgrass at $5 a pop.
No this is way easier and cheaper…
In fact, each serving takes just 30 seconds to make and contains all your daily nutrition needs and more-- and at the same time, costs JUST $1.36 per serving.
You can make a glass in a snap, with water or almond milk and just a spoon or a water bottle.
Maybe best of all, each serving contains no sugar and there's no gag-reflex from the yucky taste of the dreaded green foam : )
Check out my new inexpensive, juicer-free juicing method
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017
- Stores Are Pulling Nutella After Report Links It To Cancer - January 1, 2017
- This Is Why You Absolutely Need To Stop Wearing Shoes In Your House - December 27, 2016