This 1-Ingredient Juice Can Heal Ulcers, Reduce Bloating and Repair Your Gut
Stomach ulcers are painful sores that develop in the lining of the stomach and the small intestine, and they effect almost four million Americans every year. These ulcers can be caused by a variety of factors including smoking, stress or overuse of anti-inflammatory medicines such as aspirin or ibuprofen. Most treatment for stomach ulcers come with unpleasant and sometimes debilitating side effects.
Thankfully, there is a natural solution to stomach ulcers that is not only more effective than typical treatment but also provides no side effects. This magical solution is none other than cabbage juice.
Side Effects of Typical Ulcer Treatment
Common treatment for ulcers usually consists of four different types of drugs: Antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors, H2-receptor antagonists and antacids and alginates.
Antibiotics are usually used to treat stomach ulcers if they are caused by a bacterial infection. Antibiotics for stomach ulcers can produce side effects such as diarrhea, a feeling of weakness and sickness and a metallic taste in your mouth.
Proton pump inhibitors (PPI’s) reduce the amount of acid in the stomach to prevent further damage to the ulcer as it heals. Side effects caused by PPI’s include headaches, constipation, a feeling of weakness and sickness, stomach pain, dizziness and rashes.
H2-receptor antagonists are similar to PPI’s in that they also work to reduce the amount of acid in the stomach. Side effects include diarrhea, headaches, dizziness, rashes and exhaustion.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Antacids and alginates are over the counter medicines that reduce stomach acid. These are often used as they provide immediate effects. Side effects include constipation, flatulence, stomach cramps and the feeling of weakness and sickness.
Non-steroidal anti inflammatories (NSAIDs) are also sometimes prescribed to treat stomach ulcers, however this is often not the case as prolonged use of them has been found to cause stomach ulcers.
Cabbage Juice as a Natural Cure for Ulcers
To the surprise of many in the scientific community, cabbage juice was found to be incredibly effective at treating stomach ulcers and provided no negative side effects.
According to a study published in the Western Journal of Medicine, cabbage juice was able to heal ulcers faster and more effectively than typical ulcer treatment. During the study, 13 patients who had stomach ulcers were given 4 cups of fresh cabbage juice every day.
Researchers found that seven of the patients that were treated with fresh cabbage juice had their ulcers completely healed within ten days. This led researchers to believe that fresh cabbage juice was even more effective for healing ulcers than typical treatment, as it took patients who underwent typical treatment 37 days for their ulcers to heal. This means that cabbage juice can heal ulcers almost four times faster than typical treatment!
How to Juice Cabbages
- Three cups of chopped green cabbage
- One and three-quarters of a cup of water
- Place water and cabbage in a large blender, making sure that you only fill it up to about two-thirds of its capacity so that it blends completely.
- Set the blender to a low speed and stop when the water becomes tinted green with some chunks of cabbage floating around in it, it should only take one or two minutes.
- After blending at a slow speed, blend it on high for only five to ten seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a jar, making sure there is at least one inch if space between the mixture and the top of the jar.
- Completely seal the top of the jar using plastic wrap and a rubber band or plastic wrap and the container’s lid (or all three).
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for three days, this is the fermenting process that give the juice it’s digestive health-boosting properties.
- After the fermenting process, strain the liquid from the jar into a seperate container.
And there you have it, an all-natural home remedy for stomach ulcers that works four times faster than typical ulcer treatment. Let us know how cabbage juice worked for you in the comment section!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- The Happiest Couples Share This One Common Characteristic - February 23, 2018
- Study Confirms Putting Kids to Bed Earlier is Better for Moms’ Sanity - February 23, 2018
- Kids Are 800% Worse Whenever Their Moms Are Around, “Study” Says - February 23, 2018