How You Can Use ACV to Effectively Relieve Eczema – and What Not to Do!
This article is shared with permission from our friends at New Health Advisor.
Eczema is an embarrassing condition in which you see itchy, thick, scaly rashes on your skin. Research shows that eczema often runs in family and is usually a hypersensitivity reaction triggered by an allergen. Your immune system reacts to an allergen and you end up dealing with a long-term skin inflammation. There are a number of remedies making your condition more manageable, and one of them is apple cider vinegar eczema remedy.
Due to the anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, vinegar has been frequently used to treat certain medical conditions. With beneficial contents in the ACV, sticking with ACVmay help you with faster healing in affected areas. Keep reading to find out why apple cider vinegar (ACV) is beneficial and how to use it for faster healing.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Work for Eczema?
All forms of vinegars, including red, white, ACV, and vegetable vinegar contain riboflavin, mineral salts, acetic acid, and vitamin B1, all of which are extremely beneficial for eczema.Using ACV will offer some relief for dryness and itching that accompany with eczema.
Besides, ACV is beneficial to relieve eczema in the following ways:
- It boosts your immune system then helps to heal your skin eczema. It contains a variety of essential minerals and vitamins, including beta-carotene, pectin, potassium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, and Sulphur that improve your immune system and cure eczema.
- It contains beta-carotene that facilitates the renewal process of the skin cells and helps you have healthy skin.
- It contains fiber that improves your digestive system and makes it easier for your body to flush out any toxins that may lead to skin disorders like eczema.
- With quite amount of potassium, the ACV can help the allergenic conditions. Besides, it contains potassium that works as an astringent and helps to maintain the pH balance of your skin.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Eczema
Now that you know that apple cider vinegar eczema is an effective remedy, it is also important to understand how to use it properly. Here are some of the best ways to make use of the healing properties of ACV.
1. Use Diluted ACV
- Mix ACV and water in equal quantities in a small cup, but for sensitive skin, add 1/4 cup of vinegar to 3 cups of water (the water and ACV rate should be 6:4).
- Apply directly on your affected area using a cotton ball.
- You can add this mixture to a spray bottle and spritz on your affected area for relief.
- Use this twice a day (in the morning and at night). Repeat it for several days until the eczema is cured or improved.
2. Take a Vinegar Bath
- Add two cups of ACV to your bathwater. Make sure the water is warm.
- Mix thoroughly and soak in this water for about half an hour.
- Adding 1/3 cup of safflower or sunflower oil to your bathwater will also help treat dry patches on your skin.
- This method is quite good for people with sensitive skin or severe skin sores due to eczema, and helps with removing dead skins and skin moisture.
3. Prepare Homemade ACV Liquid
- Dilute a tablespoon of ACV with 16 oz. of tepid water.
- Add some blackstrap molasses, honey, or maple syrup to water to enhance its taste.
- Mix properly and take it three times a day at least half an hour prior to eating.
- Remember to moisturize your skin after applying this method to avoid dryness caused by ACV.
4. Use ACV Oral Solution
- Take a couple of tablespoons of ACV and add it to a cup of water.
- Drink this solution twice a day, and you can add some honey to the solution to improve taste.
5. ACV with Baking Soda
- Take two tablespoons of organic ACV and add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to it.
- Mix well and add half cup of water once the fizzing stops.
- Add honey and tea, if you wish.
- Drink it daily to find some relief from your skin eczema.
Tips on Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
Your doctor will suggest certain treatment options for eczema, yet, with quite a few side effects. Apple cider vinegar eczema remedy is probably the best home care option to deal with this skin issue. In case you’re using ACV for eczema relief, you should pay attention to the following tips to make it even more effective.
- Be sure to dilute ACV, especially if you’re using it to treat eczema in children. This will help preventing burning and stinging sensation to the skin.
- You can use raw, unfiltered, and unpasteurized ACV to get better results. Such ACV usually has dark appearance with sediments lying in the bottom.
- Avoid using harsh soaps, body sprays, detergent, and dyes if you already have eczema. These soaps and detergents can irritate your skin and lead to eczema outbreaks.
- Avoid taking ACV if you are already suffering from chronic indigestion, peptic ulcer, or heartburn.
- Avoid using ACV if you’re pregnant.
- Don’t take vinegar if you’re also taking medication for diabetes because ACV can react with insulin.
- Find a method that works and stick to that apple cider vinegar eczemaremedy for a few weeks to find relief.
- Talk to your doctor before taking ACV if you have a preexisting medical condition.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by New Health Advisor (see all)
- Can Essential Oils Treat an Ear Infection? - September 18, 2017
- Why You Should Never Purchase A Bottle of Mountain Dew – The Ingredients are Appalling - September 14, 2017
- How You Can Use ACV to Effectively Relieve Eczema – and What Not to Do! - September 14, 2017