Cauliflower and Chia Seed Crust with Heart, Cancer Prevention and Brain Benefits
Pizza can be healthy too! Instead of a heavy and greasy pie crust, try cauliflower and chia seeds instead.
It is healthy, delicious, and yields many benefits. Cauliflower is full of the vitamins that our bodies need and crave like thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, omega-3’s, and vitamin K. It also serves as a good source of vegetable protein, phosphorous, and potassium.
Cauliflower is very good for cancers such as breast, colon, prostate, and ovarian. The cauliflower provides special nutrient support for several body systems that are closely connected with cancer prevention. It has certain compounds that help resist cancer, and can eliminate cancer enzymes. Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulphur compound that has been shown to kill cancer stem cells.
Cauliflower is also good for your heart, digestive system, and it’s anti-inflammatory. Sulforaphane in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables has been found to signifigantly improve blod pressure and kidney function.
The delicious flowery vegetable is also full of choline, a B vitamin which is known for its role in brain development. Choline is very important during pregnancies, and it may be able to diminish age-related memory decline.
Chia seeds also play a starring role in this deliciously healthy vegan crust. Chia seeds are tiny black seeds that are full of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and omega-3. They are loaded full of antioxidants that can fight the production of free radicals, which damage molecules in cells that contribute to ageing and horrible disease like cancer.
Make this crust, and you will not be disappointed in the flavor or the benefits!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 1 Large head of Organic Cauliflower
- 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Mix your chia seeds in with the 3/4 cup of water and place in your fridge 20 minutes before intended use.
2. Chop the cauliflower, and place in a blender or food processor and blend until it is a fine rice-like texture.
3. Measure out around 3 cups and place into a large bowl, add in the ground almonds, oregano, salt, and pepper. Make a hole in the center and add in the Chia goop.
4. Combine the ingredients by hand and, and shape everything together into a ball. It should be loose and sticky not like a traditional dough.
5. Put the ball onto a baking tray and form into a flat crust with your hands. Make a ridge around the outside, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Add your favorite tomato base, and toppings bake an additional 5-10 minutes and enjoy your healthy meal!
You have our permission to reprint this article via creative commons license if you attribute us with a live backlink to this article. – Organic Health
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)