Homemade Citrus Body Butter That Soothes and Softens Dry, Scaly Skin Overnight (Recipe)
Dry skin is a constant battle, year after year. I do everything that I can and I used to use different types of body lotions and even prescribed creams and ointments, but they never seemed to be very helpful – not to mention expensive.
I could never get away from a situation where my skin wouldn’t be in danger of drying out. Either I was outside in the cold and the wind, or inside with the hot air blowing and drying me out. I needed a solution that wouldn’t be toxic to my skin but was still powerful enough to help heal what was wrong with me.
That’s when I started to look into essential oils and coconut oil. For a long time, I knew about the wonderful benefits that coconut oil could offer you, but I was doubtful about its effect on my skin. Somehow the idea of putting coconut oil on my skin made me think I would break out and that it wouldn’t be as effective as what I was using previously.
But I figured I would give it a try and began putting a small amount of coconut oil on my face after showering or before going to bed. After just a week I realized just how wrong I was about coconut oil. So, with a new understanding, I began to look into other ways I could improve my skin naturally, without relying on over-the-counter medications or creams.
Essential oils were the next step, naturally. I read multiple sources that preached their ability to calm, heal, and improve your life in general. So I thought, how could I use these two great natural ingredients to better improve my skin. This is what I found worked the best and I haven’t looked back since.
This recipe uses 2 essential oils that are photosensitive- meaning they react in the sun. It’s important to only use this body butter as a creamy, moisturizing night-time routine, and to rinse it off in the morning.
Citrus Nighttime Body Butter Recipe
- 1 cup of organic coconut oil
- 4-5 drops of orange essential oil
- 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Zest of half an organic orange
- Zest of half an organic lemon
- Zest of half an organic lime
- Place the coconut oil in a small pan and warm it for 15-20 seconds so that it softens. Once it’s warm, transfer it to a mixing bowl and stir through it to make sure all of the lumps are dissolved. Next, add the zest from the three fruits and stir through again.
- Once you finish that, add the essential oils and stir to ensure that everything is fully combined. Make sure that the oil isn’t too hot when adding the essential oils to it. Place it in the refrigerator to harden for a bit. You’ll know when the oil is solid enough when you can make an indent with your finger in the coconut oil.
- Put the oil in a blender or mixer and whip it until it is fluffy. Once it reaches the consistency you like, this body butter recipe is ready. Store it in a jar in a location that isn’t too warm so as it doesn’t melt.
And that’s it! Keep your skin smooth, moisturized, and fresh with this citrus body butter recipe!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- World’s Leading Psychiatrist Reveals 15 Tips On How to Master Your Life - December 12, 2017
- 6 Surprising (But Creepy) Postmortem Responses, as Seen by Forensics - December 12, 2017
- Five Pharmaceutical Drugs That Immediately Destroy Your Health - December 11, 2017
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook