we know, dairy is acid forming and not a lot of people can handle it. Additionally, the main minerals or electrolytes in coconut water are the same as those found in human blood.
How to Make Coconut Cinnamon Kefir Water
There are three ways to make your own coconut water kefir:
- Use existing kefir as a starter
- Use a kefir starter culture
- Use kefir grains
This is my favorite method. I think making water kefir with grains is the way to go. Fist you will need kefir grains (either water or milk kefir grains). You can buy grains here. This method is more economical since the grains multiply fast which means you’ll always have them on hand.
- Add 7 cups of coconut water to your 1/2 gallon jar.
- Place the water kefir grains in the coconut water and the cinnamon stick. Cover loosely and let it sit for 48 hours (not longer). Do not let it ferment too long; it might explode.
- Once fermented, coconut water will become cloudy and lighter in color. The kefir grains will rise up to the top when they are done culturing. When the culturing process is complete, remove the kefir grains. Grains can be used immediately for a new batch or you can store them in water in the refrigerator.
That’s it! So easy but so good for you!
Article originally published on LivingTraditionally.com republished with permission
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook