The Homemade Coconut Oil Magnesium Body Butter You Can Rub On Your Skin to Help Calm Anxiety and Inflammation
Written by: Drew Canole
This recipe is one of my favorites. It is loaded with beneficial properties for your skin and will leave you feeling refreshed, clean and moisturized. I can’t wait to see if you like it! But first, a little run down of our star ingredients.
If you wouldn’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin! Coconut oil is a great moisturizer that is non-greasy, chemical-free and absorbs quickly. Even though it is solid at room temperature, it quickly melts once in contact with your warm hands and face. Coconut oil contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties that make it anti-aging and also provides a protective layer on your skin from free-radical damage.
Coconut oil helps with magnesium and calcium absorption. This is highly beneficial to overall body function and can help combat a number of symptoms associated with deficiency in either of these minerals. Calcium is important for maintaining strong bones and teeth and helps regulate healthy communication between organs in the body.
Click here to watch my video on coconut oil and to download a free ebook!
Magnesium is the second most abundant element in human cells and helps regulate over 325 enzymes and several bodily functions. It is a tricky mineral to obtain on the Standard American Diet, which is why a lot of people are deficient.
Magnesium is one of those minerals that, unlike other nutrients, the body can’t produce on its own. You may be wondering why this is important for something you’re only going to be putting on your skin? Actually, anything that you put on your skin is also absorbed into your bloodstream, which is why we need to pay attention to the products we use and the ingredients in them!
Shea Butter comes from the nut of the karite shea tree, which can be found growing all over Africa. It contains many vitamins and minerals that are particularly beneficial to the skin such as vitamin A and vitamin E. It is thought by many to quickly relieve dry and sun-damaged skin.
Shea Butter contains natural anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties and, thanks to its fatty acids, may help reduce wrinkles and rebuild collagen.
Coconut Oil Body Butter With Magnesium
- ½ Cup Magnesium Flakes
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Shea Butter
- Several drops of an Essential Oil of your choice
- Pour 3 tbsp of boiling water into a bowl with the magnesium flakes and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Put the coconut oil and shea butter in a mason jar and set inside a pot of boiling/hot water until melted. Let cool until room temperature.
- Pour into a bowl or blender. Using the blender or a hand-held blender and slowly, drop by drop, blend the magnesium mixture into the oil and shea butter.
- Add essential oil. Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes, then re-blend to get the butter-like consistency.
- Store in fridge or at room temperature for up to two months. May be hard when you first applied but will melt nicely once introduced to your skin
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- Banana Ginger Smoothie To Help Burn Fat and Boost Your Weight Loss Potential - December 8, 2017
- Coconut Oil is AMAZING, But Only If You Buy the Right Kind: Here’s What to Look For - October 24, 2016
- The Amazing Healing Power Of Cat Purrs - October 23, 2016
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook