This crispy, chewy Kit-Kat recipe is the healthiest chocolate bar in the world
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Paleo Hacks.
Homemade Paleo Kit Kats that are gluten-, dairy- and refined sugar-free. Now you can have your candy and eat it too!
There are moments when I crave chewy, salty, chocolatey goodness. Luckily, these healthy candy bars made with wholesome ingredients satisfy that craving!
With a buttery, coconut-based crust reminiscent of a shortbread cookie, a sweet, gooey caramel sauce in the middle and rich dark chocolate on top, these magical bars come together in one delicious crunch! Chewy and crispy all in one bite!
Now these bars do take a little elbow grease to make; however, each layer is pretty simple. Just be sure to follow the method in the instructions carefully. But I guarantee these decadent treats are worth the wait.
Homemade Kit Kat Bar Recipe
With a buttery, coconut-based crust reminiscent of a shortbread cookie, a sweet, gooey caramel sauce in the middle and rich dark chocolate on top, these magical bars come together in one delicious crunch!
For the crust layer:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons raw, organic honey
For the caramel sauce layer:
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate layer:
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Place dates in a large bowl and fill with water to soften 1-2 hours.
- Drain water from dates and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted coconut oil, honey, and coconut flour until it becomes a gooey mixture.
- Place the dough in plastic wrap 20 minutes to set. Do not place in the refrigerator or the coconut oil will harden and separate from the dough.
- While the dough settles, preheat oven to 350oF. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges for easy removal.
- Transfer the crust mixture to the pan and spread into an even layer into the corners of the pan.
- Place crust in the oven to bake 10 minutes until slightly raised and browned. Cool the crust 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Add all ingredients for the caramel layer in a blender, placing the dates in first. (Ideally, warm the dates first by placing them in an oven for around 5 minutes).
- Blend on high until the ingredients are broken down and becomes a sticky, smooth mixture.
- Spread the caramel sauce into an even layer over the crust. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Once set, make the chocolate layer by melting chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spread the chocolate into an even layer over the bars. Place back in the refrigerator to set 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and gently lift the bar out of the pan with the parchment paper and place on a hard surface. Slice into 12 bars using a large knife.
Pro Tip: When slicing the bars, be sure to slice the bars in one stroke versus rotating the blade front to back, as that will break the chocolate.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)
- These Avocado Grilled Cauliflower Sandwiches Will Make You Forget Grilled Cheese - March 13, 2018
- 7 Gentle Yoga Moves to Fix Sciatica Pain - March 7, 2018
- 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes - January 9, 2018