How to Revitalize Any Skin Type Using These DIY Scrubs For a Clear, Perfect Glow
If you walk into any supermarket or pharmacy, you’ll find dozens of different creams, scrubs, masks, etc that are made to help heal dry skin. Dry skin is a sad reality for many people – especially during the colder months – and they turn to these products to soothe their damaged skin.
But, unfortunately, many people don’t realize just how harmful these products can be for them. They are filled with many harmful additives, chemicals, and fragrances that can lead to potentially deadly diseases.
Luckily, there are ways that you can combat dry skin – without having to put up with the harsh side effects of conventional remedies. Here is a list of 4 of my favorite scrubs to use, how to use them, and just how great they are for your skin!
4 DIY Face Scrubs
1. Coffee Grounds Scrub
Coffee grounds can be used to revitalize all skin types and works great at exfoliating dry skin. You can use freshly ground organic coffee, or some leftover grounds from your morning brew.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the coffee with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Apply the mixture to your face in circular motions for 5 minutes, rinse it off, and pat your face dry.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
This is best done at night, and following the scrub, try moisturizing your face with coconut oil or a chemical free lotion.
2. Green Tea Honey Scrub
Green tea is a powerful medicinal food. It is full of antioxidants that not only have anti-aging properties but also fight free radicals on your skin. Free radicals can cause multiple cancers, including skin cancer. Honey is also very potent – it has strong antibacterial properties as well as being a great natural moisturizer!
- To make this scrub, mix a mug of strong, loose-leaf green tea.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of it into a bowl and let it cool.
- Mix ½ a tablespoon of organic, raw brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Mix thoroughly and apply the scrub to your face.
- Scrub lightly, and remove it with a damp cloth.
- Rinse you face with cold water and apply a natural moisturizer.
3. Coconut Oil Lemon Scrub
Coconut oil has many great health benefits – one of them being what it can do for your skin. It’s anti-microbial, full of omega-3s, and it moisturizes. Lemon is also full of vitamin c, a potent antioxidant to fight cancer.
- Mix ½ a cup of organic coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of raw, organic brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of organic lemon juice.
- Mix well and then apply the scrub to your face.
- Let is sit for a few minutes, then wash off with cold water, patting your skin dry with a soft towel.
4. Almond Scrub
Almonds and many nuts are great for your body. But not many people know how great it is for your skin. Almonds contain a high amount of vitamin E, which is a potent moisturizer. This scrub uses almonds in 2 ways: with almond oil and almond meal. You can buy almond meal almost anywhere, but you can make some yourself by grinding raw almost until fine.
- Mix 1 cup of your almond meal with ½ a cup of organic almond oil (coconut oil works great here too).
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to the mix for antibacterial and soothing properties (that makes this great before bed).
- Scrub it all over your face lightly, washing it off with cold water, and patting dry with a soft towel.
And there you have it, my top 4 favorite homemade scrubs to combat dry skin and promote healthier skin in general. Enjoy!
Here are a few more great DIYs to pamper yourself!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Did you know Bacon & Butter may help burn fat like crazy??
Have you heard of the Ketogenic diet? Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called Bacon and Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- 9 Simple Stretches for Tight Hips and Lower Back Pain - April 20, 2018
- 20 Things People with High Functioning Anxiety Can Relate To - April 20, 2018
- THC Makes Cannabis Ideal for Treating Asthma, Study Shows - April 20, 2018