Fluffy Quinoa Sweet Potato Patties With An Avocado Coconut Milk Dip (Recipe)
That’s right I said fried. Sometimes it’s worth it! And as long as it’s fried in coconut oil, it’s oh so healthy and super easy to make! (Of course, it is still a fried treat, so enjoy in moderation!) Try it out today:
- 1/2 cup of uncooked organic sprouted quinoa, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach, kale, boc choy or swiss chard finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, prepare avocado dip combining all ingredients. Set aside.
- Add your quinoa to a saucepan. Cover with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low covered. As soon as water is absorbed, turn off heat, leave the lid off this will keep more moisture in the quinoa making it a bit sticky. You do not want your quinoa to be soft and fluffy you want it to be sticky that way the balls stay together.
- At the same time steam one whole, peeled and cubed sweet potato. Don't overcook or it will turn to mush in the recipe. Let cool.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the quinoa along with the spinach, green onion, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Using a wooden spoon thoroughly combine ingredients. If you find that it is not binding well add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Roll into equal size balls. If you make them too large they will fall apart during the cooking process.
- Put coconut oil in a deep frying pan and heat up on medium heat. Once it's good and hot place quinoa balls in pan. Let them get golden brown before flipping. If you try and flip early they could fall apart.
- You are going to love this dish!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook