Fluffy Quinoa Sweet Potato Patties With An Avocado Coconut Milk Dip (Recipe)
That’s right I said fried. Sometimes it’s worth it! And as long as it’s fried in coconut oil, it’s oh so healthy and super easy to make! (Of course, it is still a fried treat, so enjoy in moderation!) Try it out today:
- 1/2 cup of uncooked organic sprouted quinoa, rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 handful of baby spinach, kale, boc choy or swiss chard finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, prepare avocado dip combining all ingredients. Set aside.
- Add your quinoa to a saucepan. Cover with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low covered. As soon as water is absorbed, turn off heat, leave the lid off this will keep more moisture in the quinoa making it a bit sticky. You do not want your quinoa to be soft and fluffy you want it to be sticky that way the balls stay together.
- At the same time steam one whole, peeled and cubed sweet potato. Don't overcook or it will turn to mush in the recipe. Let cool.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the quinoa along with the spinach, green onion, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Using a wooden spoon thoroughly combine ingredients. If you find that it is not binding well add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Roll into equal size balls. If you make them too large they will fall apart during the cooking process.
- Put coconut oil in a deep frying pan and heat up on medium heat. Once it's good and hot place quinoa balls in pan. Let them get golden brown before flipping. If you try and flip early they could fall apart.
- You are going to love this dish!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!