The Reflexology Foot Massage That Will Improve Your Life In 13 Different Ways
Here at Healthy Holistic Living, we search the web for great content to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at FitLife.tv.
Written by Joanne Beccarelli
For almost everyone, our feet constantly bear the weight of active lifestyles, but get little attention in return for holding us up, moving us around and grounding us to the earth.
That is now beginning to change since getting a foot massage is one of the new spa treatment trends for relaxation and indulgence.
While self-care is one great reason for a foot massage, in many cultures, foot reflexology is a regular health regimen that is used for the whole body that you should start using too.
The Roots of Reflexology
Massaging the feet to affect health has roots in ancient China and Egypt and was thought to spread during the Roman Empire. But it was not until the last hundred years that there is a record of doctors and therapists becoming interested and when more specific zone and organ mapping was documented. These developments led to the foot reflexology practices we have today.
Foot Reflexology Can Make a Difference For Your Health
By using the elements of reflexology where specific acupressure points on the feet are massaged or pressed, you can improve overall health, treat existing ailments and maintain proper function of your organs.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Here are some of the most common benefits of foot massage and reflexology:
- Stimulates muscles and nerves
- Lessens stiffness
- Removes stress and fatigue
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Improves immunity
- Increases metabolism
- Can relieve headaches and migraines
- Often relieves pain
- Unblocks energy flow
- Normalizes body functions
- Leads to better sleep
It’s simple enough for anyone to do.
Since a foot massage is relatively easy to do, even this brief knowledge about reflexology will enable you to get started. Included here is a reflexology chart, which you might be interested in reviewing before you start. Also, if you are a visual learner, watching a few Youtube videos may help – Video 1 and video 2.
Basic Foot Reflexology Message Steps
- Wash your feet. This cleans and warms them.
- The best massages use a lubricant to make the massage easier. Adding essential oils provides the benefits of that specific oil. Add 1-2 drops of lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, or tea tree essential oils mixed with your regular skin lotion or a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil or coconut oil.
- Let’s start with your toes. Squeeze, pull and twist each toe one at a time, moving from the joint to the tip and the largest toe to the smallest.
- Using both thumbs, massage the soles of your foot from top to bottom, applying strong pressure for a few seconds to each spot. Concentrate on your aches and pains or use the reflexology chart to guide you.
- Massage heels, ankles, and Achilles areas.
- Don’t forget about the tops of the feet. You have reflexology points there too!
- Repeat these steps for the other foot.
- Experts recommend giving yourself a foot massage every night for the best results.
Go ahead, try it tonight. Give yourself this gift of a little nighttime self-care, then let me know in the comments below how it was, or what changes you start to see and feel. Plus, if you need any help with additional essential oils, simply ask.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Drew Canole's transformation movement has grown to over 630,000 people, including Celebrities, CEOs, Entrepreneurs, and Development Gurus. He believes first and foremost that a person's health comes from within and through his "Whydentity" process, Drew is able to create healthy and lasting change, both physically and mentally.
Drew has written 3 Amazon Best-Selling Books on the subject of Juicing and Weightloss.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- The 21 Most Dangerous Foods in the World People Still Insist on Eating - December 22, 2017
- Banana Ginger Smoothie To Help Burn Fat and Boost Your Weight Loss Potential - December 8, 2017
- Coconut Oil is AMAZING, But Only If You Buy the Right Kind: Here’s What to Look For - October 24, 2016