Ginger Chocolate Cupcakes Perfect For Fighting Inflammation And The Holidays (100% Gluten, Dairy Free)
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Jesse Lane Wellness. Jesse Lane is a cheerful Holistic Nutritionist, media personality, and cookbook author. Visit her website for some awesome value-packed freebies!
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes are moist and sweet with a hint of warming ginger and zesty orange. They are topped off with smooth Spiced Date Icing and a sprinkle of orange zest for colour!
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes are actually healthy because they get most of their sweetness from iron rich molasses and fibre packed dates.
If you like recipes that contain natural sweeteners, you will love the recipes in my cookbook Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts!
To make sure the recipes in my cookbook don’t taste healthy (even though they are), I enlisted a recipe testing team of 30 people. My recipe testers, who are regular people like you, made sure that:
- Every recipe is easy to make with step by step instructions
- Recipes work every time, so you don’t end up with a disappointing sweet mess
- Recipes are made with ingredients that are easy to find
- Desserts are so good your family won’t guess they are enjoying a dessert that is healthy!
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with Spiced Date Icing Recipe
(vegan, dairy free, nut free)
Recipe by: Jesse Lane Lee, CNP
Prep time: 15 minutes
Inactive prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 9 big cupcakes
Vegan Gingerbread Cupcake
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds, 6 tablespoons water
- 2 ¼ cups spelt flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners.
- Grind chia seeds and add water. Mix and set aside to for 5 minutes to make chia eggs.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix molasses, melted coconut oil, almond milk, chia eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners until ¾ full and bake Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and ice with the Spiced Date Icing and sprinkle with orange zest.
Spiced Date Icing
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted, roughly 9
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ to ½ cup water, depending on how dry the dates are
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cardamom
- 2 tablespoons orange zest for topping
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Smooth over Vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes once they have cooled and sprinkle with orange zest.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!