Try Out This Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe To Clear Stuffy Sinuses And Recover From Colds
At Healthy Holistic Living we search the web for great health content to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at TheHonourSystem.com
So my eyes are pretty bleary and I’ve had another action packed couple of days.
Holy mackerel, we’ve had a lot of stuff to do since arriving in Vancouver. It’s been exactly one week and, I swear, we’ve been on the go since arriving. Moving across the country is complicated, y’all.
It doesn’t help that I’ve been nursing a messed up baby toe. There is a massive blister on it that is taking its sweet time healing forcing me to become BFF’s with the Polysporin tube. TMI? Sorry ’bout that.
Anyway, regardless of my tiredness, I so want to get back into my regular posting routine and really wanted to share this recipe with you guys.
It’s the very first thing I’ve cooked up in my new kitchen and I’m calling it Classic Chicken Noodle Soup.
Nothing says Fall has arrived like soups, stews, and the trees turning yellow and red.
I picked up a poultry seasoning blend of fresh parsley, sage, and thyme on our trip to Whole Foods. <–OMG, by the way. I was in health foodie heaven.
The herbs made me think of chicken soup and I knew Joe would like it. Anything classic is right up his alley and comfort food was what we both needed to recharge our batteries.
I used an organic, non-GMO whole wheat spaghetti noodle (thanks again Whole Foods), but you can totally use a gluten free noodle if you have allergies. Celery, onions, carrots, boom. A little chicken here, a little broth there, and you’re done. We were slurping up our soup in under an hour.
Then we headed down to the beach, which is two blocks from our place. Have I mentioned we’re loving Vancouver?
This Classic Chicken Noodle Soup will perfect for the colder days ahead on the wet, oops, I mean West Coast. Enjoy!
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup – Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp. each olive oil & butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups each broth and water
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces and seasoned liberally with sea salt & pepper
- ⅓ of a 16 oz. package of spaghetti noodles, broken into four (use a gluten free noodle for allergies)
- 3 sprigs each fresh parsley & thyme, 3 leaves fresh sage, all torn (optional)
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter. Add the diced onion, celery and carrots, season with salt & pepper, and sauté until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and stir for another minute
- Add the broth and water and bring to boil. Once bubbling, add the chicken and spaghetti noodles. Season liberally with salt & pepper and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the noodles are cooked, you are ready to eat! Add the fresh herbs, if using, taste for seasonings and serve
- You may need to add more broth if reheating for leftovers
Here, at the Honour System, I share my inspired, health conscious recipes.
True to the spirit of an Honour System, you set the rules, and only you can decide how to follow them. As for me, eating REAL food is the only rule. I try to avoid processed, packaged, chemically enhanced 'food' and focus on the freshness and quality of my ingredients.
The goal is to treat yourself but don't cheat yourself.
Latest posts by Sharon Rhodes (see all)
- Try Out This Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe To Clear Stuffy Sinuses And Recover From Colds - December 29, 2015
- How to Make Crunchy Dark Chocolate Cashew Bars (Full Recipe Inside) - December 29, 2015
- Maple Pecan Energy Balls (Gluten Free) - December 23, 2015
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook