Try Out This Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe To Clear Stuffy Sinuses And Recover From Colds
At Healthy Holistic Living we search the web for great health content to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at TheHonourSystem.com
So my eyes are pretty bleary and I’ve had another action packed couple of days.
Holy mackerel, we’ve had a lot of stuff to do since arriving in Vancouver. It’s been exactly one week and, I swear, we’ve been on the go since arriving. Moving across the country is complicated, y’all.
It doesn’t help that I’ve been nursing a messed up baby toe. There is a massive blister on it that is taking its sweet time healing forcing me to become BFF’s with the Polysporin tube. TMI? Sorry ’bout that.
Anyway, regardless of my tiredness, I so want to get back into my regular posting routine and really wanted to share this recipe with you guys.
It’s the very first thing I’ve cooked up in my new kitchen and I’m calling it Classic Chicken Noodle Soup.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Nothing says Fall has arrived like soups, stews, and the trees turning yellow and red.
I picked up a poultry seasoning blend of fresh parsley, sage, and thyme on our trip to Whole Foods. <–OMG, by the way. I was in health foodie heaven.
The herbs made me think of chicken soup and I knew Joe would like it. Anything classic is right up his alley and comfort food was what we both needed to recharge our batteries.
I used an organic, non-GMO whole wheat spaghetti noodle (thanks again Whole Foods), but you can totally use a gluten free noodle if you have allergies. Celery, onions, carrots, boom. A little chicken here, a little broth there, and you’re done. We were slurping up our soup in under an hour.
Then we headed down to the beach, which is two blocks from our place. Have I mentioned we’re loving Vancouver?
This Classic Chicken Noodle Soup will perfect for the colder days ahead on the wet, oops, I mean West Coast. Enjoy!
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup – Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp. each olive oil & butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups each broth and water
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces and seasoned liberally with sea salt & pepper
- ⅓ of a 16 oz. package of spaghetti noodles, broken into four (use a gluten free noodle for allergies)
- 3 sprigs each fresh parsley & thyme, 3 leaves fresh sage, all torn (optional)
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil and butter. Add the diced onion, celery and carrots, season with salt & pepper, and sauté until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and stir for another minute
- Add the broth and water and bring to boil. Once bubbling, add the chicken and spaghetti noodles. Season liberally with salt & pepper and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the noodles are cooked, you are ready to eat! Add the fresh herbs, if using, taste for seasonings and serve
- You may need to add more broth if reheating for leftovers
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Here, at the Honour System, I share my inspired, health conscious recipes.
True to the spirit of an Honour System, you set the rules, and only you can decide how to follow them. As for me, eating REAL food is the only rule. I try to avoid processed, packaged, chemically enhanced 'food' and focus on the freshness and quality of my ingredients.
The goal is to treat yourself but don't cheat yourself.
Latest posts by Sharon Rhodes (see all)
- Try Out This Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe To Clear Stuffy Sinuses And Recover From Colds - December 29, 2015
- How to Make Crunchy Dark Chocolate Cashew Bars (Full Recipe Inside) - December 29, 2015
- Maple Pecan Energy Balls (Gluten Free) - December 23, 2015