Amazing Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie (Dairy Free)
Calling all chocolate chip cookie lovers – these cookies rock! I originally stumbled across this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod while trying to find a vegan, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free recipe for my daughter’s school event. Am I ever happy I did, these cookies were a hit. Of course I fiddled with the recipe a bit to make it ultra healthy but left all the flavor! This recipe is so versatile that you could add or take out what you want to make it to please almost any palate!
Please Note: Gluten free oats may in fact contain some gluten so please keep that in mind for folks with Celiac’s Disease.
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, slightly warmed, but not melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (Vegan? Try using 2 whole dates pureed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Stir in the almond butter, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. I like to make them thin because they tend to be really moist. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- If you prefer a less moist cookie I recommend putting them in a dehydrator for a couple of hours to draw out some of the moisture. In our house my daughter likes them right out of the oven, I like them dehydrated for a couple of hours and my other half prefers them to be super crispy so for that batch we dehydrate them for 6 hours.
- Are you vegan? Try replacing the honey with date puree. Soak two large dates, puree and add two tablespoons.
- Replace the vegan chocolate chips with raw cacao nibs
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds to make this cookie a nutritional powerhouse!
- Trying to get more veggies into your kids try adding ¼ cup of shredded carrots to the recipe they will never know!
Original Recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Massive Flu Outbreak? Here’s the REAL Story the Mainstream Media Won’t Touch - January 25, 2018
- Giant ‘Dead Whale’ Is Haunting Reminder of Massive Plastic Pollution Problem - February 7, 2017
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017