The Green Tea Coconut Oil Scrub You Can Use to Look 10 Years Younger
The science is in and the the benefits of each and every ingredient in this scrub is overwhelming!
Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea has been proven to reduce sun damage, by quenching free radicals and and reducing inflammation. With these anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties green tea can help reduce wrinkles, improve collagen, reduce rosacea and provide some serious hydration. In fact, Japanese cultures have been using green tea for centuries to soothe and heal skin. Overall, green tea’s moisturizing and cleansing benefits make it a great addition to your skincare regimen.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is chock full of essential fatty acids, Vitamin-E and proteins – all of which are essential to healthy beautiful skin. Coconut oil’s best asset: its moisturizing and skin softening benefits! Coconut oil helps you do away with any skin dryness and hard skin condition, by soothing and exfoliating the skin without it feeling irritated.
Benefits of Salt and Sugar
Both salt and sugar are great exfoliating agents – perfect for wiping out dead skin cells and giving your skin a gorgeous shine and smooth silky feed. Salt and sugar are easily available (they’re probably sitting in your kitchen as you’re reading this) and insanely affordable.
Moisturizing Green Tea Coconut Oil Scrub
What You Need:
- 1 green tea bag
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup salt of sugar
What to Do:
- Brew strong cup of green tea with the tea bag and the water. Let it cool to room temperature or refrigerate.
- Combine the oil, sugar and matcha in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Add 1/8 cup of the cooled green tea and mix well. If not using the matcha, add the remaining 1/8 cup of green tea.
- Store in an airtight container and use in the shower to gently exfoliate your skin.
- This recipe is the perfect use for that jar of coconut oil you bought that is on its last leg or is too coconut-y for your preference when cooking. The coconut scent is light and fragrant, making it perfect to apply topically.
- Depending on your skin type, try using to sugar or salt to amplify its exfoliating power. For reference, sugar is gentler and easier on your face, meanwhile, salt is more abrasive and should only be used for your body.
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Katiyar S. Skin Photoprotection by Green Tea: Antioxidant and Immunomodulatory Effects. Bentham Science Publishers. September 2003;3(3):234-242.
Agero A, Verallo-Rowell V. A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Dermatitis. September 2004; 15(3):109-116.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!