Blueberry Coconut Creamsicles – Your Entire Body Will Love This Recipe
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Be Well by Dr. Frank Lipman.
In the spirit of turning delicious foods into healthy ones – something we love to do at Be Well – we’ve transformed popsicles, a traditional summertime (and sugar-laden) favorite into a refreshing, guilt-free treat you and your kids can enjoy.
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! These pops are loaded with healthy fats and antioxidants, along with gut-healing nutrients that easily give your food significant medicinal qualities. The stars of this recipe:
Collagen powder, which you can find in health food stores or online, has quickly become a favorite at Be Well. Grass-fed collagen powder is flavorless and scentless, which makes it an easy addition to many meals, from smoothies to soups (and – yes – ice pops!). It is known for having a healing effect on the gut as well as supporting healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Probiotics – Offer the body a good dose of beneficial bacteria, which support a balanced and happy microbiome. These bacteria are essential for digestion, immunity and nutrient absorption, and are recommended to most patients here at Dr. Lipman’s practice in both healing and maintenance protocols.
Cheers to refreshing and healing foods!
Creamy Blueberry Coconut Pops
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 5-10 drops vanilla stevia (or a combination of stevia and vanilla extract)
- 6 teaspoons Be Well probiotic powder
- 3 heaping tablespoons collagen powder
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
1) Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour the liquid into your favorite popsicle mold and place in your freezer.
3) Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
- You can easily swap the blueberries for another berry of your choice. We do recommend sticking with berries, however, because they are lower in sugar when compared to most other fruits.
- For texture and added flavor, consider adding 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Did you know Bacon & Butter may help burn fat like crazy??
Have you heard of the Ketogenic diet? Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called Bacon and Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
He completed his studies in both South Africa and the United States, and is now a board certified internist. His 30 plus years of practice has allowed him to develop a unique approach to health that ties together ancient Eastern wisdoms and modern nutritional science.
Latest posts by Dr. Frank Lipman (see all)
- How to Stop Sugar Cravings for Good - August 24, 2017
- How to Reduce Exposure to Pesticides, Herbicides, and Insecticides - August 22, 2017
- How to Spot High Quality Olive Oil On a Shelf Full of Fake Brands - August 21, 2017