This is a simple and quick breakfast recipe that will get you moving. Pair this with my Wake me up Morning Juice and you will be buzzing for hours!
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 8 whole free range organic large eggs
- 1 medium organic Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 2 Sweet Red Peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Half an Avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Fresh Goat Feta Cheese finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Saute spinach, onion and sweet peppers in coconut oil. Place on side to cool.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk eggs. Add sauteed veggies oregano and salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Make sure to save some of the oregano.
4. Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick organic baking spray I use coconut oil. Pour egg mixture evenly into cups. Filling only 3/4 of the way.
5. Add avocado and feta cheese to each cup stir gently.
6. Sprinkle top with finely chopped oregano.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
8. Serve warm or place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and serve for a quick breakfast or snack.
(Recipe adapted from The Healthy Apple)
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Nutritional Deficiencies Are Causing Mood Disorders - September 5, 2014
- Review of the World’s Best Gatorade Alternative - August 19, 2014
- Video – What Are Some AMAZING Benefits of Green Tea? - July 22, 2014