The world’s healthiest butter chicken with turmeric, ginger and coconut oil
At Health Holistic Living we search the web for health news and healthy recipes to share with you. This article is shared with permission from our friends at Mercola.com.
By: Pete Evans
The Paleo way of life is not meant to be restrictive, as you can see from this lovely butter chicken recipe. All the nasties have been replaced with good-quality ingredients that make it as good, if not better, than the original. I prefer chicken thighs for their superior flavor and tenderness.
And be adventurous with your vegetable component. Try eggplant, okra, zucchini, asparagus, pumpkin, sweet potato and Asian water spinach. The rice has been replaced with cauliflower “rice, chili” but broccoli “rice” is also a big hit or try a mixture of both.
Did You Know?
- Paleo-style butter chicken contains a wealth of antioxidant-rich spices and healthy fats
- You can change up the flavor by adding vegetables of your choice, including eggplant, zucchini, asparagus and pumpkin
- Serve it alongside healthy cauliflower or broccoli “rice”
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 400 ml can coconut cream
- 700 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces coriander leaves, to serve
- Cauliflower Rice (see recipe), to serve
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the chopped cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower has reduced into tiny pieces – the same size as grains of rice (or chop by hand with a sharp knife).
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and lightly cook the cauliflower for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it where you would normally have rice – so much healthier for you and what I love is that it take a quarter of the time to cook!
- You can add chili, other spices, seeds, nuts, herbs, meats, seafood, vegetables, sauces, etc.
Here are a few more recipes for Cauliflower you have to try!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Dr. Mercola (see all)
- Many Prescribed Antibiotics Are Unnecessary and Cause Damage - January 25, 2018
- 5 Skin Conditions Triggered By Gluten Sensitivity - January 15, 2018
- 72% of Alzheimer’s Patients Had This One Habit in Common Before Being Diagnosed - January 11, 2018