Try this simple anti-inflammatory turmeric pudding with coconut oil, ginger and cinnamon
This fantastic article was written by Sophie Addison, a popular blogger and skincare expert. We encourage you to check her out on Facebook, and Pinterest.
A lot of us want to follow a healthy diet, but we also want to try something new and preferably sweet once in a while. Do you how you can get these two things at the same time? How much do you know on the topic of superfoods? Do you know their beneficial effects? If not, do not worry!
We are here, and we will share everything that you need to know about these so-called superfoods. And for those of you who keeps up with the newest trends but you have found yourself to be bored while preparing the same meals over and over again, we can help you as well! We have some delicious recipes that we want to share with you! Let us share these 6 superfood pudding recipes that are a “must-try” this season!
What are Superfoods?
Whether you are interested to find out what superfoods are or you are just here to refresh your memory, let us explain a bit about superfoods and their beneficial effects! Although there is no official definition for superfoods, let us define these superfoods as food products that are a rich source of a lot of needed nutrients and can prevent various chronic diseases – e.g. stroke, heart disease and cancer.
This group of superfoods includes garlic, Greek yogurt, chia seed, broccoli, blueberries, watermelon and others. The superfoods have a number of beneficial effects – e.g. reduced the risk of heart disease, the opportunity to use the health benefits of omega 3, reduced inflammation, inhibited cancer cell’s growth, preservation of general health and many other benefits.
9 Superfood Pudding Recipes You Must Try
To have something that is at the same time healthy and sweet is the perfect combination, especially when you are trying to maintain a fit body or looking out for your health. It seems like we have the perfect solution to this long-lasting problem – 6 recipes that include a superfood product to prepare a delicious pudding!
1. Coconut, Lemon, and Turmeric Chia Pudding
This pudding is the perfect combination of flavors along with its benefits as an excellent source of daily fiber, antioxidants, and protein. The omega-3 fatty acids are great for brain function, and the chia seeds are particularly good at lowering your LDL cholesterol, while the turmeric is an anti-inflammatory.
- 400 mL tin coconut milk
- 1″ fresh turmeric or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1″ fresh root ginger (optional but increases curcumin absorption)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ⅛ to ¼ cup maple syrup
- 90 mL chia seeds
- Blend coconut milk, turmeric, and ginger. If your coconut milk isn’t combining until smooth, gently heat until the coconut cream melt. It should only become hand hot.
- Blend in lemon juice and zest and maple syrup.
- In a mason jar (with an airtight clip lid) combine the turmeric milk mixture and chia seeds. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Leave in the fridge to stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour until all of the moisture has been absorbed.
2. Chocolate Pudding with Coconut Cream and Goji Berries!
Goji berries are considered to be one of the best superfoods since are great antioxidants which lower the cholesterol levels and protect the heart from a heart disease or heart attack. And perhaps the best beneficial effect is their ability to prevent different types of cancer!
This is perhaps the best combination of healthy and sweet since it includes two main superfoods – chia seeds and blueberries! One serving of chia seeds is loaded with great amounts of magnesium, iron, and calcium! On the other hand, blueberries are considered to improve your memory and prevent cancer at the same time since they are filled with Vitamin C and cancer-fighting compounds!
4. Golden Rice Pudding with Turmeric, Ginger & Pink Peppercorns
This particular rice pudding is a spin on golden milk. Golden milk recipes feature turmeric with other warming spices, which makes it a great dish for this time of year. It’s best to combine turmeric with pepper, as it boosts the absorbency of curcumin which is the main component of turmeric and why turmeric is known as a powerful natural anti-inflammatory.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon peppercorns, plus a few extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, washed, drained
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup water, divided
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey, to taste (may substitute another liquid sweetener such as maple or agave)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- Add the coconut oil to a pot over medium-low heat to melt. Place 1/8 teaspoon of peppercorns in a mortar and pestle and grind finely, or alternatively crush the peppercorns with the back of a knife. Add the turmeric powder and the crushed peppercorn to the melted oil, and stir to combine.
- Cook, continuing to stir often, until very fragrant (about a minute). Add the rice and stir to coat and toast, for about a minute. Bash the cardamom pods in the mortar and pestle or with the back of a knife just to break the pods open (but not further than that).
- Add the cinnamon and cardamom pods to the rice and mix together, then add 1 cup of water and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered until most of the water is absorbed but not dry. Add the coconut milk and additional 1/2 cup of water, and stir very well.
- Continue cooking until the rice is fully cooked and the pudding has a creamy consistency (about 10-15 more minutes). Remove from the heat and fish out the star anise and cardamom pod shells, letting any cardamom seeds that were released from the pods remain.
- Stir in the ginger, sea salt, and raw honey to taste.
Use the great amounts of potassium in the pistachios and combine them with beneficial effects of chia seeds to prepare this delicious pudding for you to enjoy!
If you are bored with the same old recipes for pumpkin pie, maybe it is time for you to use this superfood to prepare a delicious pudding! The pumpkin is filled with lots of vitamins and antioxidants that surely can be used as a part of your healthy diet!
7. Apple Pudding
Did you know that you can also use the apples to prepare a pudding instead of the old-fashioned apple pie? Apples deserve their place in the superfoods category since they have been linked to reduced risk of heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes!
We decided to leave the best for last! Do you believe that you can enjoy a delicious chocolate pudding and still maintain a good shape and enjoy lots of benefits? Chocolate is a great antioxidant while at the same time it improves and balances your blood pressure. And of course, there are the many benefits of including chia seeds in your diet!
We believe that all of these recipes sound delicious enough for you to try them! Enjoy the opportunity to try something new and include the many superfoods in your diet through these delicious puddings and satisfy your daily need for something sweet! Of course, we want to remind you that just because you include these superfoods in your diet, that does not mean that you can spend the rest of your day eating unhealthy food!
9. Coconut, Chai & Turmeric Chia Pudding
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup organic oat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla essence or powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, making sure no clumps of spices remain.
- Add oat milk, vanilla essence, and rice malt syrup, stirring until combined.
- Cover and leave in fridge overnight to set.
- Serve as is or top with chopped nuts and more shredded coconut.
Are you looking for something new and delicious to try while you are still trying to balance your healthy lifestyle? What do you know about superfoods and their many beneficial effects? Do you know that some of these superfoods are probably the best brain foods while they efficiently prevent cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and many other conditions?
But even better, you can use a lot of these superfoods like blueberries, chia seeds, apples, etc. to prepare a delicious pudding that you can enjoy in without feeling guilty about ruining your diet! We though to help you through the long and exhausting process so we suggested 6 interesting puddings that you must try! We hope that you will enjoy in every one of them.
- Golden Rice Pudding with Turmeric, Ginger & Pink Peppercorns. (1970). Retrieved November 22, 2016, from http://www.mynaturalkitchenblog.com/blog/2016/1/10/golden-rice-pudding-with-turmeric-ginger-pink-peppercorns
Latest posts by Sophie Addison (see all)
- These 10-Minute Full-Body Workouts Will Burn Fat and Strengthen Your Body - September 6, 2017
- Homemade Tinted Moisturizer That Works Better Than Toxic, Expensive Foundations (Recipe) - August 3, 2017
- 7 Truths About Bras That Almost Nobody Talks About - June 21, 2017
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook