DIY Homemade Flax Seed Hair Gel
Why not try homemade hair gel? Have you ever thought about making your own hair gel? Well I did after reading a few labels. Check out what I found:
- FRAGRANCE -Ecotoxicology, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Miscellaneous, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive)
- LILIAL BUTYLPHENYL METHLYPROPRIONAL– Endocrine disruption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Persistence and bioaccumulation, Use restrictions.
- BENZYL SALICYLATE – Ecotoxicology, Endocrine disruption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Use restrictions
- LIMONENE-Developmental/reproductive toxicity, Ecotoxicology, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Use restrictions
- METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE – Ecotoxicology, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Neurotoxicity, Use restrictions
- METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE– Cancer, Ecotoxicology, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Use restrictions
- TRIETHANOLAMINE– Allergies/immunotoxicity, Contamination concerns (NITROSAMINES-in the presence of nitrosating agents), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Use restrictions
Disturbing isn’t it? And that by no means is the complete list. Check to see what’s in your brand at EWG SKIN DEEP
Now that I have your attention let’s make some hair gel!
What you are going to need for homemade hair gel:
1 Cup of Water 2 Tablespoons of Flax Seed
4 Drops of your Favorite
Bring 1 cup of water to a slow boil. Add flax seed. Let it boil until you start to see it gel and foam on top. Once it starts to gel immediately remove it from the heat. If it boils for too long it will get to thick and you will not be able to strain it. Check to make sure that it is the consistency of hair gel if it is strain it through a fine strain. Let it cool. Add your favorite essential oil. Place in jar in the refrigerator. That’s it!
This is such an easy recipe you will be amazed and by far this is the best darn hair gel I have ever used! Try making your own homemade hair gel today.
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017
- Stores Are Pulling Nutella After Report Links It To Cancer - January 1, 2017
- This Is Why You Absolutely Need To Stop Wearing Shoes In Your House - December 27, 2016
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook