10 Industrial Uses for Coke Which Prove It’s Not Fit for Human Consumption
Coca-Cola is recognized across the globe as the most valuable brand in history, as well as the second most recognized phrase in the world after “hello.” In many place across the globe purchasing a Coke is ironically easier and less expensive than accessing clean water.
Although Coke attempts to portray itself as a socially and environmentally conscious company, the reality is that it’s deeply connected to pollution and water shortages.
Additionally, the acidity of Coke has led many to question the toxicity of the product, relating to long-term human health, as its pH rating is only one point higher than that of battery acid.
In a study sponsored by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, researchers found that individuals who consumed at least one soda a day had a 44% higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome during the four-year study.
The team studied more than 2,400 middle-aged white residents of Framingham, Mass., specifically focusing on the more than 1,600 people who showed no signs of metabolic syndrome at the beginning of the study. These individuals were then tracked by the researchers for at least four years.
Those who drank at least one soda per day also had:
- a 31% greater risk of becoming obese;
- a 30% higher risk of having a larger waistline;
- a 25% higher risk of developing high blood triglycerides or high blood sugar;
- a 32% greater risk of having low levels of good cholesterol;
- a trend toward an increased risk of high blood pressure.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
In a separate study, it was revealed that people face a 48% increased risk of heart attack or stroke when consuming one or more sodas per day, as compared to those that don’t drink it every day or at all.
Soft drink consumption has also been linked to respiratory disorders such as COPD and asthma.
10 Household Uses for Coke
Although seemingly not good for the human body, the extreme acidity of Coke makes it work as an excellent cleaning agent.
To give you a better understanding, a pH of 0 to almost 7 is in the scale is acidic, while from 7 to 14 is alkaline on the scale. To put things into perspective, the pH level of battery acid is a 1, with pure water having a pH of 7.
In tests done on the acidity levels of Coke, it was found to have pH levels as low as 2.5.
Consequently, it can clean surfaces as well as (and often better than) many toxic household cleaners.
Here are 10 uses of Coke as a domestic cleaner , which show it isn’t fit for human consumption.
1. Remove rust: methods include using fabric, a sponge, or even aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
2. Remove blood stains from clothing and fabric.
3. Clean oil stains from a garage floor: let the stain soak, hose off.
4. Clean burnt pans: let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
5. Clean your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
6. Make pennies shine: soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
7. Remove stains from vitreous china.
8. Clean your toilet: pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
9. Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
10. Strip paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Coca-Cola is obviously a product that has many wonderful uses. Although the record indicates that the best uses of this product are not associated with consuming it!
Jay Syrmopoulos is an investigative journalist, free thinker, researcher, and ardent opponent of authoritarianism. He is currently a graduate student at University of Denver pursuing a masters in Global Affairs. Jay’s work has previously been published on BenSwann.com and WeAreChange.org. You can follow him on Twitter @sirmetropolis, on Facebook at Sir Metropolis and now on tsu.
Article originally published on TheFreeThoughtProject.com republished with permission
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Massive Flu Outbreak? Here’s the REAL Story the Mainstream Media Won’t Touch - January 25, 2018
- Giant ‘Dead Whale’ Is Haunting Reminder of Massive Plastic Pollution Problem - February 7, 2017
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017