23 Life-Changing Ways You Can Use Lemon Juice On Your Body, Food And Around The House
Lemons are a valuable source of Vitamin C, citric acid, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and folate. This is why they’re beneficial in so many ways for everyday consumption, treating specific conditions, and even using them around the house!
Lemon Juice Uses
Hot Water With Lemon
Whether you squeeze some fresh lemon juice into a cup of boiling water, or simply add an entire slice of lemon, you’ll reap the many benefits lemon juice has to offer.
- Helps immune deficiencies. Vitamin C found in lemons helps immune deficiency by strengthening weakened cells during an infection. When you have enough vitamin C in your diet, studies have shown that infections you might get last much shorter than if you have a vitamin C deficiency.
- Helps colon health. Dietary fiber is an essential nutrient needed to maintain colon and digestive health.
- Prevents bacterial growth and infections,
- Relieves nausea (It’s a good idea to have some lemon water ready for long car rides)
- Treat throat infections (from the common cold to tonsillitis),
- Loosens chest congestion
Cold Lemon Water
A tall glass of lemon water along with your dinner every day will do the world of good!
- Gives benefits to people with high blood pressure
- Treats urinary tract infections, as a result of lemon’s diuretic properties
- Lowers the effect on blood sugar levels, when consumed with a meal
- Regular use can relieve joint pain, and lemon juice is an anti-inflammatory because of its anti-oxidants.
Concentrated Lemon Juice
. We know it’s sour. But it’s totally worth it.
- Heartburn relief (acidic lemon juice balances pH levels)
- Salt-substitute for cooking. Lemons are very flavourful and help dishes pop! And they are extremely low in sodium and calories, making them a healthy substitute for salt.
Other Uses For Your Body
- Massage on gums to relieve a toothache
- Apply to heal problematic acne. Squeeze some lemon juice onto a cotton ball and apply to pesky pimples.
- Apply to bug bites. Soothes itching and heals with anesthetic properties. You can use the same easy cotton ball method.
- Natural mouthwash (lemon juice kills odor-causing bacteria in your mouth and leaves a lemony-fresh scent)
- Make dandruff go away. Massage 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and rinse out with water. It’s easy to keep a bottle of lemon juice in the shower and make it a part of your hair-washing routine.
Other General Uses For Lemon Juice
- Get rid of bad smells in your fridge. Squeeze lemon juice onto cotton balls or paper towels, and clean the inside surfaces of your fridge.
- Deodorize and sanitize cutting boards after use. The lemon juice will kill unwanted bacteria and get rid of strong smells left over from onion and garlic. Cut a slice of lemon, and rub onto the cutting board, then rinse.
- Brush onto cut avocados to keep them green. Lemon juice slows down the oxidation process that makes avocados turn brown. This is also a great trick for leftover guacamole. Just mix it in when you’re ready to serve.
- Make limp lettuce crisp. Add lemon juice to water and put limp lettuce leaves into the mixture and refrigerate for an hour. Afterward, pat dry and use in a salad.
- Pre-wash delicate white laundry. Mix lemon juice with baking soda, let soak for 30 minutes. Or try mixing lemon with water to remove unseemly underarm stains from shirts using the same method. A natural substitute for harsh bleach.
- Room air freshener (cut some lemons in half, place discreetly around the room. A very good idea if you have a litter box in the house)
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Here are a few more great ways to use lemon juice to benefit your body!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Properly - February 22, 2018
- Why Krystal Trammell Left Young Living Essential Oils – The Truth Is Out - February 22, 2018
- Should Unhappy Couples Stay Together For The Kids? - February 21, 2018