How to Make Mouthwatering Brownies with Avocado & Sweet Potatoes Instead of Butter, Wheat Flour and Sugar
Avocados were first used by the Aztecs and since have been highly sought after for their health benefits. Avocados are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium and fiber. Try incorporating avocados into your diet with this delicious Sweet Potato Brownies dessert recipe!
Sweet Potato Brownies Recipe
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 1 C cooked sweet potato puree
- ½ C Applesauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ C cacao powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ C honey
- ½ C sprouted almond butter
- ¼ C cacao powder
- ½ C coconut milk
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 8×8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Once creamy, add in cacao powder
- Add in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25-35 minutes
- While baking, combine the last 5 ingredients listed in a separate bowl and mix until creamy and smooth
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost with this mixture.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Dr. Josh Axe, DNM, DC, CNS, is a doctor of natural medicine, clinical nutritionist and author with a passion to help people get well using food as medicine. Dr. Axe is the author of Eat Dirt
and Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine
, and he's also the founder of www.DrAxe.com
, one of the world's top natural health sites that draws more than 11 million visitors each month.
Latest posts by Dr. Josh Axe (see all)