How to Make Mouthwatering Brownies with Avocado & Sweet Potatoes Instead of Butter, Wheat Flour and Sugar
Avocados were first used by the Aztecs and since have been highly sought after for their health benefits. Avocados are high in healthy mono-unsaturated fats such as oleic acid. They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium and fiber. Try incorporating avocados into your diet with this delicious Sweet Potato Brownies dessert recipe!
Sweet Potato Brownies Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1 C cooked sweet potato puree
- ½ C Applesauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ C cacao powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ C honey
- ½ C sprouted almond butter
- ¼ C cacao powder
- ½ C coconut milk
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 8×8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Once creamy, add in cacao powder
- Add in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25-35 minutes
- While baking, combine the last 5 ingredients listed in a separate bowl and mix until creamy and smooth
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost with this mixture.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Dr. Josh Axe (see all)
- Learn How to Help Treat Diabetes, Eliminate Heavy Metals, and More with This Home Remedy - January 10, 2018
- Dementia & Diet Matter: These Foods Raise Alzheimer’s Risk - December 22, 2017
- Homemade Oven Cleaner - December 22, 2017