How to Make Strawberry Chia Jam – No Preservatives, No Refined Sugar, Just 15 Minutes
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Naturally Savvy.
Quick & Easy Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Jam makes the perfect accompaniment to toast, crackers or tarts but is generally loaded with refined sugar, artificial color, and nasty preservatives. Some people venture to make their own and spend hours in the kitchen reducing fruit and boiling cans, but none of this is necessary. Yes, it’s true, jam doesn’t have to be complicated to taste great. This strawberry chia jam recipe takes 15 minutes and requires no tricky canning techniques. It’s low in sugar and contains healthy fats and protein.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons raw organic sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Barlean’s Organic Chia Seeds
- In a sauce pot combine strawberries, water and sugar.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until strawberries are plump and softened.
- Use a potato masher or fork to smash the strawberries (you want them broken up and almost resembling a purée).
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Let jam cool and transfer to an airtight container.
- I like a mason jar (or jam jar) but you can use any airtight container. Store jam in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- 8 “Harmless” Comments That Actually Hurt People With Anxiety - February 20, 2018
- ‘Time-traveller’ claiming to be from 2030 PASSES a lie detector test after claiming that Donald Trump will be re-elected and Artificial Intelligence will take over - February 16, 2018
- Here’s How to Turn Your Baby’s Clothes Into Keepsake “Memory Bears” - February 16, 2018