How to Make Strawberry Chia Jam – No Preservatives, No Refined Sugar, Just 15 Minutes
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Naturally Savvy.
Quick & Easy Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Jam makes the perfect accompaniment to toast, crackers or tarts but is generally loaded with refined sugar, artificial color, and nasty preservatives. Some people venture to make their own and spend hours in the kitchen reducing fruit and boiling cans, but none of this is necessary. Yes, it’s true, jam doesn’t have to be complicated to taste great. This strawberry chia jam recipe takes 15 minutes and requires no tricky canning techniques. It’s low in sugar and contains healthy fats and protein.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons raw organic sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Barlean’s Organic Chia Seeds
- In a sauce pot combine strawberries, water and sugar.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until strawberries are plump and softened.
- Use a potato masher or fork to smash the strawberries (you want them broken up and almost resembling a purée).
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Let jam cool and transfer to an airtight container.
- I like a mason jar (or jam jar) but you can use any airtight container. Store jam in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- Playboy’s Crystal Heffner Just Woke Up The World About The Truth Behind Breast Implants - November 20, 2017
- Studies Show That Husbands Stress Women Twice As Much As Children - November 14, 2017
- Chuck Norris Sues 11 Drug Companies For Poisoning His Wife - November 13, 2017
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook