Super Effective, Chemical-Free Natural Mosquito Repellent (plus ways to mosquito-proof your home!)
They might not be so quick to buy them if they knew what was in it. I’ve heard of fighting fire with fire, but using products laden with chemicals that can cause a disease to fight disease-carrying animals just seems backward to me. Luckily, I’m here with a solution.
Natural Mosquito Repellent
Conventional mosquito repellents contain harmful chemicals, most famous (or infamous) is DEET, which has been banned due to how dangerous it is for you. But you won’t find any of those harmful chemicals in this natural mosquito repellent.
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of neem oil (which has natural insecticidal compounds)
- ½ teaspoon of vodka, as a preservative
- 55 drops of lemon eucalyptus essential oil (a natural alternative to DEET, however, it should not be used on children under the age of 3)
- 15 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 15 drops of lavender oil
- 15 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Add the carrier liquids to a small spray bottle – make sure it’s big enough that there is room for shaking the liquid.
- Add the essential oils. Make sure to shake well before you use it.
- You’ll need to reapply the repellent every few hours for it to be most effective.
8 Tips To Mosquito-Proof Your Home
Here are some easy – and natural – way to mosquito-proof your home and keep these pesky bugs away from your family.
1. Examine exterior doors and windows to make sure there is no gaps or broken seals where the mosquitos can get in. Door sweeps are a good way of making sure mosquitos don’t just walk into your home.
2. You can plant Thai lemon grass inside your house – especially near windows. They contain citronella oil, which is very effective at repelling mosquitos. You can also plant marigolds in your garden, as the smell also repels these pests.
3. Always check your clothing, bags, etc. when entering your house. Mosquitos like to cling to anything they can and can follow you indoors this way.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
4. Keep your food securely covered. Mosquitos are attracted to high sugar foods, so make sure your grapes, bananas, peeled fruits, etc are in a place that they can’t reach. Make sure your compost is covered as well, as they can be attracted to the peels.
5. Avoid sweet-smelling air fresheners – they attract mosquitos and are filled with toxic chemicals. Use essential oils to freshen up your home.
6. If you have a pet, make sure to keep their food and drink bowls clean as they can attract mosquitos.
7. Make sure that there is no standing water in or around your home. Standing water is the perfect breeding ground for mosquitos as they like to lay their eggs in their – and when they lay eggs, they lay a lot!
8. Use a bug zapper. You can keep these in your yard or near areas with a lot of traffic. Mosquitos and other pests are attracted to the light and fly straight for it – avoiding everything else including us. Since it uses electricity, this a cheap and chemical free way of getting rid of these pests.
By using these tips, you can ensure that your home and family are safe from any potentially harmful mosquitos. Make sure to take your homemade repellent when traveling to ensure you’re always safe. Enjoy!
Here are some more ways to avoid those pesky mosquitos!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- ‘Time-traveller’ claiming to be from 2030 PASSES a lie detector test after claiming that Donald Trump will be re-elected and Artificial Intelligence will take over - February 16, 2018
- Here’s How to Turn Your Baby’s Clothes Into Keepsake “Memory Bears” - February 16, 2018
- 40+ Things Every Mom and Daughter Should Do Together At Least Once - February 16, 2018