How to Swap White Rice For Cauliflower Without Anyone Noticing (Delicious recipe!)
This article is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Are you tired of your weeknight standby suppers? Want to try a recipe with a little more oomph that still doesn’t take a lot of extra time? Make this pineapple shrimp fried cauliflower rice; it’s a delicious dinner that incorporates healthy seafood.
This recipe is a cinch to make. Once everything is prepared, mise en place style, this dish comes together very quickly. Just make sure to not toss out the pineapple shell — it makes for a fuss-free (and stunning) bowl to eat your meal from.
The cauliflower is a great low-carb, grain-free stand-in for fluffy white rice. The onions and peppers add a nice crisp-tender veggie texture and color. The flaky shrimp makes for a flavorful protein source in this dish, while the curry powder and coconut balance out the pineapple’s acidic sweetness.
Cauliflower, onions, peppers, garlic, curry powder, and more make this fried “rice” a nutrient powerhouse. Pair that with the healthy fats from coconut oil and dense protein from shrimp, and you have a healthy dinner!
What’s more, pineapple contains a special enzyme called bromelain. This substance has anti-inflammatory and gut healing properties as it helps your body break down and digest protein. It comes with other health benefits, too, including:
- Helps reduce pain and swelling after undergoing surgery. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, bromelain is an effective natural alternative to drugs like aspirin.
- Reduces cough and nasal mucus associated with sinusitis. It can also relieve swelling and inflammation caused by hay fever.
- Bromelain may help reduce pain in those with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Studies suggest that bromelain has anti-cancer properties.
If you are looking for simple stove-top dinner that tastes fancy, try this low-carb take on fried rice with shrimp, pineapple, and peppers. It’s served in a hollowed-out pineapple for an extra wow factor! Serve with some sliced citrus fruit for a truly awesome spread.
Grain-Free Pineapple Fried Rice
Serves: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium pineapple
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 T coconut milk
- 1 heaping t curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Carefully cut the pineapple lengthwise in half.
2. Use a large spoon to scoop out the pineapple flesh, leaving ⅓” pineapple shell for the pineapple “bowls.”
3. Dice up ½ cup of pineapple flesh and reserve. Save the remainder of the pineapple flesh for another use.
4. Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
5. Add the onions, garlic, and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
6. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
7. Cook and stir until tender.
8. Add the shrimp, remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and pineapple along with a bit more salt and pepper.
9. Cook and stir for just a couple minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)
- 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes - January 9, 2018
- You’ve Never Tried This: Spaghetti Squash ‘Nests’ Topped with Meatballs (100% Grain-Free) - November 10, 2017
- 3 Worst Foods Possible for Diabetes, Weight Gain and Fat Storage - November 10, 2017