This article is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
How to Swap White Rice For Cauliflower Without Anyone Noticing (Delicious recipe!)
Are you tired of your weeknight standby suppers? Want to try a recipe with a little more oomph that still doesn’t take a lot of extra time? Make this pineapple shrimp fried cauliflower rice; it’s a delicious dinner that incorporates healthy seafood.
This recipe is a cinch to make. Once everything is prepared, mise en place style, this dish comes together very quickly. Just make sure to not toss out the pineapple shell — it makes for a fuss-free (and stunning) bowl to eat your meal from.
The cauliflower is a great low-carb, grain-free stand-in for fluffy white rice. The onions and peppers add a nice crisp-tender veggie texture and color. The flaky shrimp makes for a flavorful protein source in this dish, while the curry powder and coconut balance out the pineapple’s acidic sweetness.
Cauliflower, onions, peppers, garlic, curry powder, and more make this fried “rice” a nutrient powerhouse. Pair that with the healthy fats from coconut oil and dense protein from shrimp, and you have a healthy dinner!
What’s more, pineapple contains a special enzyme called bromelain. This substance has anti-inflammatory and gut healing properties as it helps your body break down and digest protein. It comes with other health benefits, too, including:
If you are looking for simple stove-top dinner that tastes fancy, try this low-carb take on fried rice with shrimp, pineapple, and peppers. It’s served in a hollowed-out pineapple for an extra wow factor! Serve with some sliced citrus fruit for a truly awesome spread.
Grain-Free Pineapple Fried Rice
Serves: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium pineapple
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 T coconut milk
- 1 heaping t curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Carefully cut the pineapple lengthwise in half.
2. Use a large spoon to scoop out the pineapple flesh, leaving ⅓” pineapple shell for the pineapple “bowls.”
3. Dice up ½ cup of pineapple flesh and reserve. Save the remainder of the pineapple flesh for another use.
4. Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
5. Add the onions, garlic, and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
6. Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
7. Cook and stir until tender.
8. Add the shrimp, remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and pineapple along with a bit more salt and pepper.
9. Cook and stir for just a couple minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked.
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
PaleoHacks is dedicated to providing the tools and inspiration needed for others to live happy and fulfilling lives. They offer a roster of delicious Paleo recipes, fitness and wellness advice, and all the information needed to begin your Paleo journey.
Latest posts by Paleo Hacks (see all)