The fat-burning sweet potato muffins you can eat for breakfast (100% gluten-free!)
You can never have enough healthy, not to mention delicious, muffin recipes under your belt (pun not intended). This recipe is one of our favorites, and for good reason. Not only is it tasty, it’s packed full of health benefits from the different ingredients in it – including our favorite, the sweet potato.
While you can substitute pumpkin in this recipe, why would you? Sweet potato gives these muffins a deliciously sweet, earthy flavor that works perfectly with the sweet maple syrup. Not to mention the amazing health benefits that sweet potato has to offer.
Why You Should Eat More Sweet Potato
These delicious muffins not only taste great, but they are also full of antioxidants and help reduce inflammation.
The flesh of sweet potatoes contains high levels of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that works to fight dangerous free radicals in your body. These free radicals can affect the DNA makeup of your cells, which can lead to mutations in the cells. This cell mutation is what leads inevitably to cancers of various kinds.
Sweet potatoes are also full of the anti-inflammatory nutrient anthocyanin which is what gives the sweet potato it’s vibrant color. The best part? Sweet potato works against both chronic and acute inflammation, healing you of both.
We love these sweet potato muffins and look for any reason to bake them and we’re sure you will too!
Sweet Potatoes Assist in Weight Loss
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
True to their name, sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, which means that you won’t need to add refined sugars in order to satisfy your sweet tooth. Using them in your meals allows you to have a lower-calorie treat that also tastes great, so it’s always a win-win situation for you.
Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, especially if they still have the skin on. Fiber is a foolproof way to control hunger, by helping you to feel fuller longer, so you can feel satisfied in your dietary choice knowing that you’ve received the nutrients that you need to be happy and healthy.
These super potatoes have a relatively low glycemic index rating (50), which means that can help to control your blood sugar level, cholesterol, and appetite, as well as lower your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Lower-glycemic foods stay in your digestive tract longer, which helps to control your appetite and gives you that delicious full feeling.
With all of these health benefits, how can you resist running to the kitchen to start baking?
Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted (1 cup, packed)
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup of organic canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- ½ cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic brown rice flour
- ¼ cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 ℉ and lightly oil a 12-hole muffin tray.
- When the oven reaches the right temperature, poke holes in your sweet potato and place it on the middle rack of the oven to cook for about 60 minutes, or until it is very soft. Once it’s cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Once the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, scrape the flesh from the skin and place the pulp in a mixing bowl. You can discard the skin, or eat it as a quick snack. The skin is actually packed with a lot of the same vitamins as the rest of the sweet potato.
- Add the olive oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup to the sweet potato and mix until it creates a smooth mixture. In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together until well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the rest of the sweet potato and combine until everything is uniform.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling the spaces until ¾ of the way full. Place them on the middle rack and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife in inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Here are a few more delicious sweet potato recipes to try:
- Spiced Sweet Potato Quick Bread
- Guilt-Free Sweet Potato Fries
- Delicious Avocado and Sweet Potato Brownies
- Spicy Sweet Potato Hash
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free
copy of a brand new cookbook called
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
- As Pfizer CEO Gets Obscene Pay Raise, The Nation’s Health Declines - March 22, 2018
- New Study Says Motherhood is the Equivalent of Working 2.5 Full-Time Jobs - March 22, 2018
- Leaked Report: Nahua Tribe Hit By Mercury Crisis Is Slowly Dying - March 22, 2018