Turmeric Tea Recipe
We have all heard the news about turmeric and its wonderful healing properties but what is the best way to consume it?
Simple with black pepper! Yup, black pepper is a miracle in its own right but mixed with turmeric the two become the super heroes of the spice world!
I make a paste of honey and turmeric that keeps in a jar for easy use. I heat water, pour it over a spoonful of the paste, and finish with a big squeeze of lemon and a substantial amount of freshly ground black pepper. It’s good stuff – the black pepper makes it invigorating (and also helps the body absorb the turmeric), and the honey sets off the earthy-acridness of the spice enough that the tea is still delicious.
- • ⅓ cup raw organic honey
- • 2½ teaspoons dried turmeric
- • lemon
- • lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Work the turmeric into the honey until it forms a paste. You can keep this on hand, in a jar, for whenever you’d like a cup.
- For each cup of tea, place a heaping teaspoon of the turmeric paste in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour hot (but not boiling water) into the mug, and stir well to dissolve the turmeric paste.
- Add a big squeeze of juice from a lemon, and a good amount of black pepper. Enjoy!
- Stir now and then as you drink so all the good stuff doesn’t settle to the bottom, or top off with more hot water as you drink it.
- One thing – use mildly hot water here, but not boiling – to help preserve the properties of the raw honey. You can also blend the paste into smoothie, or swirl it into yogurt but the black pepper may not taste as good as in the tea!
Original recipe posted on 101 Cookbooks
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Massive Flu Outbreak? Here’s the REAL Story the Mainstream Media Won’t Touch - January 25, 2018
- Giant ‘Dead Whale’ Is Haunting Reminder of Massive Plastic Pollution Problem - February 7, 2017
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017