We have all heard the news about turmeric and its wonderful healing properties but what is the best way to consume it?
Simple with black pepper! Yup, black pepper is a miracle in its own right but mixed with turmeric the two become the super heroes of the spice world!
I make a paste of honey and turmeric that keeps in a jar for easy use. I heat water, pour it over a spoonful of the paste, and finish with a big squeeze of lemon and a substantial amount of freshly ground black pepper. It’s good stuff – the black pepper makes it invigorating (and also helps the body absorb the turmeric), and the honey sets off the earthy-acridness of the spice enough that the tea is still delicious.
Turmeric Tea Recipe
- • ⅓ cup raw organic honey
- • 2½ teaspoons dried turmeric
- • lemon
- • lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Work the turmeric into the honey until it forms a paste. You can keep this on hand, in a jar, for whenever you’d like a cup.
- For each cup of tea, place a heaping teaspoon of the turmeric paste in the bottom of a mug.
- Pour hot (but not boiling water) into the mug, and stir well to dissolve the turmeric paste.
- Add a big squeeze of juice from a lemon, and a good amount of black pepper. Enjoy!
- Stir now and then as you drink so all the good stuff doesn’t settle to the bottom, or top off with more hot water as you drink it.
- One thing – use mildly hot water here, but not boiling – to help preserve the properties of the raw honey. You can also blend the paste into smoothie, or swirl it into yogurt but the black pepper may not taste as good as in the tea!
Healthy Holistic Living http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/
Original recipe posted on 101 Cookbooks
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)