Top 6 Foods That Naturally Prevent Clogged Arteries and Heart Attacks
Your arteries are the system within your body that continually transport blood that is rich in oxygen to different parts of your body (1). Unfortunately, your arteries can become clogged, specifically, your coronary arteries which carry essential oxygen-rich blood to your heart (2). When these arteries become clogged you become far more susceptible to heart attacks and coronary heart/ artery disease (3).
A massive part of staying healthy and keeping your arteries clear and clean has to do with your diet. It is very true when you are told “You are what you eat.” It is also true that what you put into your body will determine your overall health including your cardiovascular health. Adjusting your diet to include artery-friendly foods (4) can improve your general health and the condition of your heart. Here are 6 natural foods that promote better heart health:
“Asparagus works within the 100,000 miles of veins and arteries to release pressure, thereby allowing the body to accommodate for inflammation that has accumulated over the years”, says Shane Ellison, an organic chemist, and author of Over-The-Counter Natural Cures. It also helps ward off deadly blood clots.
Not only is it delicious and good for your arteries and heart, it also a good source of fiber and vitamin K (8)! Here is a super nutritious meal you can make with asparagus with minimal effort involved!
Pomegranate juice has been found to successfully lower blood pressure, providing evidence that it may be highly effective in preventing heart attacks (11). Although studies regarding pomegranate and human heart health are limited, there seems to be little reason against consuming more of these deliciously vivid morsels!
Here is how to easily deseed and prepare a pomegranate without all the fuss!
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!
Turmeric is definitely a spice that should be included in any diet, it has tons of health benefits that the body can definitely use. One of these is helping deal with coronary problems and heart diseases, as well as lowering bad cholesterol levels (15).
Grow your own turmeric so it’s available all the time, here’s how.
Spirulina is a type of algae that is found in abundance in Hawaii and is used as a food additive (18). Spirulina has been proven to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels (19) as well as reducing the chances of having a stroke.
Here is where you can buy the magical substance!
It has been said that cranberries are not only successful in lowering bad cholesterol levels and increasing the good ones, they can also improve vascular health overall (21). A new study put forward even proves the effects cranberries having on protecting against cardiovascular disease (22).
Here is a recipe that can get cranberries into any diet!
A Florida State University study found that people given a 4,000 mg supplement of L-citrulline (an amino acid found in watermelon) lowered their blood pressure in just six weeks. Researchers also say the amino acid helps your body produce nitric oxide, which helps widen blood vessels.
If you have an artery that supplies blood to the heart become blocked, then you could suffer a heart attack. Not all heart attacks are fatal, but all heart attacks will leave behind some damage to the heart. However, if the left coronary artery of the heart becomes totally blocked, the heart attack will be fatal. Eat foods that cleanse your arteries.
All of these delicious, natural ingredients are sure to increase your heart health, remember that a healthy heart derives from a healthy body so eating well and exercising is the best way to go about it!
Article originally published on RealFarmacy.com republished with permission
- Blood Vessel Classification into Arteries and Veins in Retinal Images https://vision.in.tum.de/_media/spezial/bib/nieuwenhuis-et-al-spie07.pdf Published:2007 Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- What Causes a Heart Attack? https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heartattack/causes Updated: June 22, 2016. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Coronary Artery Disease http://www.texasheart.org/HIC/Topics/Cond/CoronaryArteryDisease.cfm Updated: August 2016. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Heart- Healthy Eating https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heart-healthy-lifestyle-changes/heart-healthy-eating Updated: June 22, 2016. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Over the Counter Natural Cures https://thegreatgrandknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/1402225059natural-curesc.pdf Published: 2009. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Asparagus Nutrition, Health Benefits and Recipes. https://draxe.com/asparagus-nutrition/ Published: N/A. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Pomegranate juice: a heart-healthy fruit juice http://www.medicatrix.be/download/grenade_protecteur_cardiovasculaire.pdf Published: 2009. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Turmeric: nature’s Precious Medicine http://www.ajpcr.com/Vol6Issue3/171.pdf Published: February 18, 2013. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Spirulina Benefits https://draxe.com/spirulina-benefits/ Published: N/A. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Antihyperlipemic and antihypertensive effects of Spirulina maxima in an open sample of mexican population: a preliminary report https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2211748/ Published: November 26, 2007. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
- Health Research http://www.cranberryinstitute.org/news/news/2013pressreleases.html Published: N/A. Accessed: December 8, 2016.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Did you know Bacon & Butter may help burn fat like crazy??
Have you heard of the Ketogenic diet? Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called Bacon and Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)
- Massive Flu Outbreak? Here’s the REAL Story the Mainstream Media Won’t Touch - January 25, 2018
- Giant ‘Dead Whale’ Is Haunting Reminder of Massive Plastic Pollution Problem - February 7, 2017
- Thousands of Himalayan Rock Salt Lamps Recalled - January 13, 2017