7 Uses For Lavender Oil That Will Completely Change Your Life
I have been using essential oils for many years now and absolutely love them! There are so many uses and I honestly use several of them every single day! I wanted to put together some posts about how I use my oils so I could share the love. I am doing a series that goes over the eleven Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business! The kit includes 12 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
In this post I want to talk about Lavender Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home.
It takes 170 pounds of plant material for 1 lb of lavender oil. You can actually visit YL farms and participate in plantings and harvest. Lavender is the most adulterated of all essential oils, so it is very important to know what you are getting. Young Living Lavender probably has a different aroma than typical lavender body care products.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing.
Uses for Lavender Essential Oil:
- Assists the body when adapting to occasional stress, diffuse it to help you relax
- Relaxes and calms for restful sleep. I make a linen spray that I spray on my bedding before I hit the sheets
- Soothes and cleanses healthy skin, add a drop to your face lotion before you smoothe it on your face
- Swiss Army Knife of oils, try it for many different things and you will be surprised how multi-purpose it actually is!
- Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime; add to bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting environment
- Lavender essential oil may complement your favorite shampoos, lotions and skin care products
- Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- We also use it in my homemade “Witch Spray” for the kiddos!
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
Article originally published on Realfoodrn.com republished with permission
She loves experimenting in her kitchen and coming up with all sorts of new and creative real food recipes with the hopes of bettering the health of her family and anyone who follows her blog. She wholeheartedly believes that prevention is the best medicine.
Latest posts by Kate Doubler (see all)
- 4-Ingredient Natural Gummies Help Fight Colds, Lower Anxiety, and Drastically Improve Your Sleep - February 12, 2016
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Have A Mug Of Turmeric Bone Broth Before Bed (With Recipe!) - January 22, 2016
- Healthy Caramel Corn Recipe - December 23, 2015
A quick note from our founder
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)→ Get The Free Cookbook