7 Uses For Lavender Oil That Will Completely Change Your Life
I have been using essential oils for many years now and absolutely love them! There are so many uses and I honestly use several of them every single day! I wanted to put together some posts about how I use my oils so I could share the love. I am doing a series that goes over the eleven Everyday Essential Oils that come included with the Premium Starter Kit. Definitely the BEST way to get started with essential oils in your home or as a business! The kit includes 12 oils, a home diffuser, and tons of samples and information. Click HERE to learn more about ordering this amazing starter kit!
In this post I want to talk about Lavender Essential Oil and how I use it personally in my home.
It takes 170 pounds of plant material for 1 lb of lavender oil. You can actually visit YL farms and participate in plantings and harvest. Lavender is the most adulterated of all essential oils, so it is very important to know what you are getting. Young Living Lavender probably has a different aroma than typical lavender body care products.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing.
Uses for Lavender Essential Oil:
- Assists the body when adapting to occasional stress, diffuse it to help you relax
- Relaxes and calms for restful sleep. I make a linen spray that I spray on my bedding before I hit the sheets
- Soothes and cleanses healthy skin, add a drop to your face lotion before you smoothe it on your face
- Swiss Army Knife of oils, try it for many different things and you will be surprised how multi-purpose it actually is!
- Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime; add to bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting environment
- Lavender essential oil may complement your favorite shampoos, lotions and skin care products
- Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- We also use it in my homemade “Witch Spray” for the kiddos!
*Note: to mix the oil with a carrier oil mix 2 parts carrier oil with 1 part essential oil. We commonly use this oil as a carrier oil.
Article originally published on Realfoodrn.com republished with permission
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!
She loves experimenting in her kitchen and coming up with all sorts of new and creative real food recipes with the hopes of bettering the health of her family and anyone who follows her blog. She wholeheartedly believes that prevention is the best medicine.
Latest posts by Kate Doubler (see all)
- 4-Ingredient Natural Gummies Help Fight Colds, Lower Anxiety, and Drastically Improve Your Sleep - February 12, 2016
- Here’s What Happens To Your Body If You Have A Mug Of Turmeric Bone Broth Before Bed (With Recipe!) - January 22, 2016
- Healthy Caramel Corn Recipe - December 23, 2015