Protein-Filled, Vitamin-B Rich Smoothie Bowl Recipe with Pineapple, Banana and Coconut Chips
This article is shared with permission from our friends at theglowingfridge.com.
Trendy and super nourishing smoothie bowls have become one of morning obsessions.
They’re all the rage, and for good reason.
Smoothie bowls make it easy to pack in a bunch of filling superfoods and nutrients, helping to start the morning out on a vibrantly healthy note. This can make all the difference in your energy and focus throughout the day. Plus, they taste like ICE CREAM – just spoon and crunch your way to breakfast heaven with fresh fruit, granola, coconut chips and whatever toppings you desire.
On a hot summer morning, there’s nothing better than a fruity, sweet and superfood packed frozen bowl of pure goodness. I’m soaking up all the smoothie bowls I can while it’s still hot and humid! Smoothie bowls in the summer and warming oatmeal in the winter, right?!
This recipe is simple but also highly customizable, as most smoothie bowls are, but it tastes super refreshing and is different than any smoothie bowl I’ve ever created. Sometimes simple is best because then you can add a whole bunch of toppings without worrying how they will affect the taste.
Get your Free copy of The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
This Superfood Breakfast Smoothie Bowl turned a beautiful pastel mint color (I’m all about color for smoothie bowls!) from the spirulina I added. Spirulina is one of my favorite superfoods as it’s made up of 60-70% pure plant protein, complete with 18 amino acids – including all essential amino acids. It’s easily absorbed and easily digested in the body too.
Other than immune support, healthy brain function, healthy heart function and weight management, spirulina provides:
- bio-available iron
- B vitamins
- essential fatty acids
It will keep you energized (hello vitamin B6) and curb unhealthy cravings by keeping you fuller for longer. People really swear by this superfood and while I haven’t made spirulina apart of my daily habit, I definitely notice a difference in my focus and energy when I include spirulina.
Other Health Benefits
This recipe is comprised of frozen bananas, frozen pineapple, any kind of plant milk you like (I used almond milk) and spirulina. Here are some of their health benefits:
- Bananas are high in antioxidants which are extremely beneficial against toxins (free-radicals) in our system. They are also a great way to get your daily intake of magnesium and Vitamin C.
- Bananas have been associated with preventing type-2 diabetes, weight loss and strengthening our nervous systems.
- Bananas are extremely beneficial for your heart because they are packed with potassium. This can protect our cardiovascular system against high blood pressure.
- Pineapples are extremely beneficial for your immune system. This is because they contain more than our daily requirement of Vitamin C.
- Pineapple is a great source of fiber because they contain both soluble and insoluble fiber. This can relieve indigestion, diarrhea and much more.
Just blend it all (slowly) until thick and creamy – it takes a bit of patience. Do not add more liquid unless you want it to be like smoothie soup… then you can go crazy with yummy toppings.
I chose sweet kiwi, fresh blueberries, unsweetened shredded coconut and maple granola for toppings. TO DIE FOR.
Grab your favorite spoon and dig in to breakfast heaven 🙂
^ This is the Organic Burst Spirulina which I adore. They’re not paying me – I just love their products.
Superfood Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina (or more to taste)
- fresh fruit
- coconut shreds or chips
- chia seeds
- gogi berries
- hemp hearts, etc.
- Remove frozen bananas from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to defrost a bit. Add all ingredients (except the toppings) to a high speed blender and slowly blend or pulse until thick and creamy. Do not add more liquid unless you want it to be thinner and soupy.
- Transfer to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about the Ketogenic Diet? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!