Crunchy Zucchini Fritters with Avocado Dill Dip (My Favorite Recipe)
If you’ve never had the chance to try zucchini fritters then this recipe is for you!
These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies! I’m warning you that this recipe will undoubtedly make your taste buds dance. They are jam packed with all of the right flavors and they are healthy for you! It’s almost guaranteed that this will be a household favorite. This will definitely please adults and children alike. Hope you Enjoy Your Zucchini Fritters!
Zucchini Fritter with Avocado Dill Dip
This dish is perfect to take on a picnic or to a potluck! All I can say about this dish is yum, yum. It is one of my all-time favorites!
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ Cup fresh basil; we grown our own, but you can find it at any grocery store
- ¼ cup fresh oregano. Ditto
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 organic eggs or ‘Flax Egg’
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- Avocado dip base
- ½ cup finely chopped dill
- Using the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini. Place zucchini in a colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Let stand 10 minutes, and then wring zucchini dry in a clean kitchen towel to remove moisture. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon zest, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Slowly add flour, stirring so no lumps form.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until the oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan. Carefully drop about 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture into pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
- Cook fritters until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Turn fritters, and continue cooking until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside in a warm place. Cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil to pan if necessary.
- If you want more veggies try adding a ½ cup of finely chopped kale or spinach!
Healthy Holistic Living http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That’s right — as a special launch promotion, we’re offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) — All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
–> Get The Free Cookbook
Latest posts by Michelle Toole (see all)