This article is shared with permission from our friends at blog.paleohacks.com.
Whenever I make something, I think to myself, “I could put bacon in that,” because bacon gives everything (even ice cream) a decadent, savory touch. Following that thought, this Tahini Bacon Zoodles recipe was born.
This creamy tahini sauce with bits of salty bacon drizzled over a bed of fresh zucchini zoodles is a refreshing dish that won’t leave you feeling bloated like regular pasta.
What are Zoodles?
For those of you who haven’t received the memo, zoodles are the biggest thing since coconut oil. Well…maybe not as big. Either way, zoodles are in and if you haven’t already, it’s time to get on this train.
- Rich source of vitamin C, which protects your cells from free radical damage
- Good source of manganese, which helps your body produce collagen, the protein responsible for giving your skin its strength and elasticity
- Contain phytonutrients that promote eye health
To make zoodles, all you need is a spiralizer and you can transform your zucchinis into noodles (a.k.a. zoodles) in a matter of minutes! [For more zoodle recipes, click here: ZOODLES! 20 Magnificent Zucchini Noodle Recipes You’ll Want To Eat All The Time].
If you haven’t zoodled yet, this is the perfect recipe to get started! There’s nothing better than a creamy tahini sauce over fresh zucchini noodles and getting salty, crunchy bacon in every bite. Just add your cooked bacon to a blender or food processor along with the other tahini sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
After that, you add the zoodles to a pan with the tahini bacon sauce and warm a few minutes to combine the flavors. Also, feel free to experiment and try the sauce out with sweet potato, beets and spaghetti squash noodles!
Finally, top your Tahini Bacon Zoodles with a few red pepper flakes and you have yourself a light and tasty meal!
Zucchini Noodles Drizzled in Tahini Bacon Sauce
Creamy tahini sauce with bits of salty bacon drizzled over a bed of fresh zucchini zoodles.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the Tahini Bacon Sauce
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 5 T tahini
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- 3 t coconut aminos
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ t dried turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup water (start with less and then gradually add more to thin the sauce as needed)
For the Zucchini Noodles
- 4 medium zucchini
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- Fresh marjoram or basil for topping
- Add cooked bacon and other ingredients for the tahini bacon sauce to a blender or food processor.
- Blend together until combined. If the sauce is too thick, add another ¼ cup of water to thin.
- Next, spiralize the zucchini. Any size blade works.
- Bring a skillet to medium-low heat, add zucchini noodles and tahini bacon sauce. Using tongs, coat the zucchini noodles completely with the sauce.
- Transfer to a bowl, top with red chili peppers and fresh marjoram or basil.