Taco Bell has revealed what the other 12% of their “mystery” beef actually is after patrons inquired why the corporation claimed to use 88% all beef in their products.
In 2013, while testing Taco Bell ground beef was shown to test positive for horse DNA.
Taco Bell, subsidiary of American Tex-Mex said in a statement: “We would like to apologize to all of our customers, and we can reassure you that we are working hard to ensure that every precaution is being undertaken to guarantee that we are only supplied with products that meet the high standards we demand.”
American Tex-Mex is part of YUM Brands, which also owns Pizza Hut and KFC. The website claims that these franchises use “high quality ingredients” and those are “100 percent beef” that are “seasoned with our signature recipe”.
Horse meat is used in Taco Bell tacos, burritos, gorditas, chalupas and Nachos.
It is claimed by the corporation that the horse meat originated in “Europe”.
The fast food company admitted that some additives to their beef “have weird names” but are “all approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)” so they must be safe for human consumption, right?
To further quell any concerns over the quality of their products, Taco Bell also pointed out that the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has inspected and given their approval of the use of chemicals such as monosodium glutamate (MSG), a chemical-based “flavor enhancing product”.
The “secret ingredients” Taco Bell revealed to their customers are:
• Maltodextrin , is also known as a polysaccharide and manufacturers create this artificial sugar by applying acids or other enzymes to cornstarch and known to cause: allergic reactions, unexplained weight gain, bloating and flatulence, rash, asthma, itching and difficulty breathing.
• Torula Yeast , is of “a similar function to MSG” and can mimic the effects of any other excitotoxin which include: flooding the brain with dopamine, triggering release of leptin which causes obesity, destroys neuroconnectivity in the brain.
• Modified Corn Starch ; a genetically-modified food (GMO) which has been linked to obesity, heart disease and cancer.
• Soy Lecithin which is genetically-modified and known to cause cellular damage, pancreatic complications and breast cancer.
• Sodium Phosphates which has been shown by the FDA to cause harm is the “recommended dose is exceeded”.
• Lactic Acid has been shown to cause tumor cells to multiply because it acts as an energy source for the “rouge” cells.
• Caramel Color , also known as chemical – 4-methylimidazole (4-MEI) which is a known carcinogenic.
• Thehalose is another version of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and mimics the effects of the genetically-modified counterpart.