5 Natural Things To Do When Your Doctor Cannot Diagnose Your Pain
Brain fog, pain, fatigue, poor memory, and pain are often associated with autoantibodies. There are 75 million Americans affected by these issues. Of those, 50 million have several symptoms and autoantibodies but not enough damage to make a diagnosis. Is this you? Are you suffering but your medical team can’t give you a diagnosis yet? Have you seen many doctors and medical professionals without anyone being able to help you with your various complaints?
Tell me if this sounds familiar: Your physician says that they can’t do anything for you and tells you to come back in a year. No advice is given other than to take Tylenol or ibuprofen or similar non-narcotic pain pills. Meanwhile, you have to wait until there is enough damage to your organs that a diagnosis can be made and drugs can be prescribed.
Natural Chronic Pain Relief
The good news is there is a far better approach. Health exists on a continuum, with optimal health on one end and death on the other. In between you have mild dysfunction, pre-disease with lots of symptoms, overt disease, worsening disease, and multiple disease states.
When you are in the pre-disease state with lots of symptoms, there is a lot you can do to improve the health of your cells and allow them to begin the repair process, which can often resolve pain, fatigue, mood problems.
Tips for Natural Pain Relief
Here are five things to try:
- Go completely off of grain and dairy for one to three months. Unrecognized sensitivity to the proteins in grain (gluten and lectins) and dairy (casein) can lead to increased inflammation and higher rates of autoimmunity, neurological, and psychiatric diseases.
- Eat more vegetables, ideally six to nine cups a day. Eating more vegetables reduces the risk of many chronic health problems, including obesity, diabetes, cancer, neurological problems, psychiatric disorders, and autoimmunity.
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours every night. Sleep is when we repair and maintain our bodies. Do not cut it short.
- Engage in a stress-reducing practice. When we have chronic elevation of stress hormones, our cell function is directed away from maintenance and repair.
- Laugh more. A good belly laugh increases many health-promoting hormones and also reduces inflammation.
If you want to learn more about the diet and lifestyle approaches I use to treat autoimmune, neurological, psychiatric, and other health conditions and the clinical trials that we conduct, visit www.terrywahls.com. If you want to dive deeply into the protocol that I use, consider attending the Wahls Protocol Seminar that I teach every August.
Latest posts by Terry Wahls (see all)
- What Goes On Inside Your Body When You Take An Autoimmune Drug - April 4, 2017
- How to Shift Your Genes From Disease-Causing Mode to Disease-Fighting Mode - February 27, 2017
- The real truth: why anyone considering functional medicine needs to read this first - February 27, 2017
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!