Anti-inflammatory grilled salmon and avocado salsa: eat this 2x a week and watch your body transform
Not all fats are created equal.
Fat tends to come with a negative connotation. We cut it off our steak, reach for low-fat options or try to steer clear of foods that contain any fat altogether. It is true that eating too much fat can raise our cholesterol levels and be harmful to our health. But there are some types of fat that are good for us, such as the fat found in avocado, fish, seeds and nuts.
These fats are made up of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids are an example of polyunsaturated fat. It is famous for being found in fish.
Omega 3 fatty acids may be a possible treatment for heart disease and stroke. In addition, omega-3s have been found to reduce blood pressure, and symptoms of depression, ADHD and joint pain, as well as improve brain function and boost your immune system. It may also help prevent lethal heart rhythms from arising. Studies have also shown that polyunsaturated fats may help reduce the need for corticosteroid medications in rheumatoid arthritis patients.
Fat is nothing to be afraid of. You just have to know how to distinguish between the good and the bad.
The following recipe contains two great sources of good fat.
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
This delicious recipe is used with permission from drfranklipman.com.
By Be Well Health Coach Courtney Blatt
Now that it’s finally warm out, you can get out your grill. Grilling is great way to add extra flavor to your favorite fish, poultry or meat. Grilling a delicious salmon is easy and the perfect summer-time meal when paired with avocado salsa!
Grilled Salmon and Avocado Salsa
Grilling the Salmon
- 2 lbs Wild Salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl mix the spices together – salt, coriander, onion, paprika, garlic, and black pepper.
- Check salmon filets for pinbones, then pat dry and rub spice mixture on each salmon filet.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high.
- Grill salmon to desired tenderness (a one-inch piece will cook in 6-10 minutes).
- 2 large ears, fresh yellow corn (preferably from your farmer’s market )
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne (if desired)
- Combine tomato, onion, corn, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt to a bowl.
- Stir in avocado and cilantro, add cayenne if desired.
- Refrigerate until salmon is ready to serve.
- Add to the top of the salmon once grilled, serve and enjoy!
He completed his studies in both South Africa and the United States, and is now a board certified internist. His 30 plus years of practice has allowed him to develop a unique approach to health that ties together ancient Eastern wisdoms and modern nutritional science.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!