When you have apples on your counter that nobody seems to be eating, what do you do with them? I know my family often neglects slightly soft apples them until they’re spoiled, but you don’t have to. You can make natural dog treats like these delicious apple cinnamon ones to help fight inflammation and prevent arthritis in your dog! I know if I still had my pup, she would have LOVED these!
It’s hard to pinpoint why our beloved doggies get arthritis, and it’s often beyond our control. It’s important to give your pet a lot of exercise and manage their weight. Good warm and cozy sleeping areas help with arthritis because it does get worse in cold, damp weather.
If you keep your pup’s joints warm, it’ll keep them comfortable if they already have arthritis. If we feed our dogs anti-inflammatory, healthy foods, we can do our part to prevent the degenerative diseases that cause arthritis.
Ceylon cinnamon is known to suppress inflammation and slow cellular processes that contribute to aging and inflammation. When given to your puppy, its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties course through your beloved pet and keep them healthy!
It reduces the risk of heart disease, lowers blood sugar levels and is anti-diabetic, and is a great cancer prevention food. It also helps fight bacterial and fungal infections in your pup.
The added flax is full of good fats that keep your dog’s heart healthy too! Flax also has anti-inflammatory benefits and helps reduce your dog’s risk for:
- Chronic inflammation
It’s full of Omega-3, fiber, protein, vitamin B1, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and selenium. It gives your dog healthy skin and hair as well as all of those other amazing benefits!
So why not pack them all into these natural dog treats?
Apple Cinnamon Dog Treats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups rice flour (you can also swap for another gluten-free alternative like almond flour)
- 2 ¾ cups water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped apple (dry or fresh)
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon ceylon cinnamon (not Saigon cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately and thoroughly.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients slowly, while stirring.
- Fold in the apple to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into small muffin tins.
- Bake for an hour and fifteen minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These will last 2-3 weeks in the fridge, or you can freeze them.
Enjoy, Fido! These natural dog treats are a great alternative to heavily processed ones and will keep your dog happy and healthy for a long, long time.
If there’s anything else you’d like to read about, let us know in the comments below! Happy Healthy Holistic Living!
- 28 Things You Should Never Feed Your Pet
- How To Tell If Your Pet Is The Right Weight
- 10 Immediate Warning Signs Pet Can’t Handle The Heat