Prep this dessert in just minutes – honey-cinnamon pears that will melt in your mouth
This amazing article was written by Sasha Brown, health writer, and owner of VoxNature and Affordableblogging.com. You can check out her website here or follow her on Facebook.
If you are on a weight loss journey or are just trying to manage your sugar cravings, don’t let these temporal desires get the best of you. Of all the pear recipes out there, this simple and healthy one will curb your craving for sweets without leaving you feeling hungry shortly after. This is thanks to the health benefits of pears and the other ingredients that make up this quick snack.
- 2 ripe pears of any variety, halved
- ½ tablespoon cold butter, cubed
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Using a spoon, retrieve the seeds from the halved pears, and create somewhat of a cavity in the meat of the pears. Put the pear halves in a baking dish with a high rim.
- Evenly distribute the butter cubes in the cavity of each pear.
- In a small bowl, you will need to mix together the finely chopped pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Evenly distribute this mixture into the cavities of the pears and then on top of the pears so that all of the fillings is used.
- Drizzle honey evenly over the pears.
- Place in the oven and bake the pears uncovered for about 25 minutes, until they are soft and fragrant.
Recipe Health Info
Pear recipes with these ingredients are a win-win because they each offer a unique set of health benefits. Here is some more information about what makes this snack a good choice when staying conscious of your diet:
Cinnamon is high in iron, manganese, calcium, and fiber, allowing it to have a regulatory effect on levels of blood sugar while increasing the insulin levels in the body. Blood sugar levels that are high can lead to an increase of fat storage in the body, so cinnamon can help to prevent this and enables the body to lose weight. It also helps the body to feel fuller for longer by delaying the passing of food through the intestine to the stomach. Additionally, cinnamon aids the body in processing carbohydrates in a more efficient way that is conducive to losing a few pounds.
Raw honey is more than just sugar. Because of the valuable vitamins and minerals that it contains, it can positively increase the levels of good cholesterol within the body, and can reduce cardiovascular strain. Because of this, your body is better equipped to lead a more active and healthy lifestyle to promote weight loss. Having about one tablespoon of honey per day can stimulate this beneficial process.
Pears contain almost 20% of the daily suggested amount of fiber. This huge amount of fiber helps you to feel full for longer, reducing the likelihood that you will end up snacking too much through the day. Fiber also allows the body to absorb all of the important vitamins and minerals that maintain a healthy digestive system. The health benefits of pears also include glucose and anti-inflammatory properties. Because of their glucose, they also help to give an energy boost that won’t come with a crash. The anti-inflammatory properties allow the body to exercise with very little muscle pain, allowing a successful venture on a weight loss journey.
Of all the pear recipes you could have chosen, you chose this one. So whether you want something with the health benefits of pears or simply something sweet, we hope you enjoy it!
You connect with Sasha here!
Latest posts by Sasha Brown (see all)
- 12 Powerful Spices That Will Help Treat 6 Common Health Problems - April 10, 2017
- Prep this dessert in just minutes – honey-cinnamon pears that will melt in your mouth - March 10, 2017
- 10 Simple and Discreet Desk Exercises for Lower Back Pain - February 24, 2017
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!