Homemade Citrus Body Butter That Soothes and Softens Dry, Scaly Skin Overnight (Recipe)
Dry skin is a constant battle, year after year. I do everything that I can and I used to use different types of body lotions and even prescribed creams and ointments, but they never seemed to be very helpful – not to mention expensive.
I could never get away from a situation where my skin wouldn’t be in danger of drying out. Either I was outside in the cold and the wind, or inside with the hot air blowing and drying me out. I needed a solution that wouldn’t be toxic to my skin but was still powerful enough to help heal what was wrong with me.
That’s when I started to look into essential oils and coconut oil. For a long time, I knew about the wonderful benefits that coconut oil could offer you, but I was doubtful about its effect on my skin. Somehow the idea of putting coconut oil on my skin made me think I would break out and that it wouldn’t be as effective as what I was using previously.
But I figured I would give it a try and began putting a small amount of coconut oil on my face after showering or before going to bed. After just a week I realized just how wrong I was about coconut oil. So, with a new understanding, I began to look into other ways I could improve my skin naturally, without relying on over-the-counter medications or creams.
Essential oils were the next step, naturally. I read multiple sources that preached their ability to calm, heal, and improve your life in general. So I thought, how could I use these two great natural ingredients to better improve my skin. This is what I found worked the best and I haven’t looked back since.
This recipe uses 2 essential oils that are photosensitive- meaning they react in the sun. It’s important to only use this body butter as a creamy, moisturizing night-time routine, and to rinse it off in the morning.
Citrus Nighttime Body Butter Recipe
- 1 cup of organic coconut oil
- 4-5 drops of orange essential oil
- 4-5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Zest of half an organic orange
- Zest of half an organic lemon
- Zest of half an organic lime
- Place the coconut oil in a small pan and warm it for 15-20 seconds so that it softens. Once it’s warm, transfer it to a mixing bowl and stir through it to make sure all of the lumps are dissolved. Next, add the zest from the three fruits and stir through again.
- Once you finish that, add the essential oils and stir to ensure that everything is fully combined. Make sure that the oil isn’t too hot when adding the essential oils to it. Place it in the refrigerator to harden for a bit. You’ll know when the oil is solid enough when you can make an indent with your finger in the coconut oil.
- Put the oil in a blender or mixer and whip it until it is fluffy. Once it reaches the consistency you like, this body butter recipe is ready. Store it in a jar in a location that isn’t too warm so as it doesn’t melt.
And that’s it! Keep your skin smooth, moisturized, and fresh with this citrus body butter recipe!
Latest posts by Healthy Holistic Living (see all)
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!