Dairy-FREE Chocolate Coconut Mousse with Coconut Milk and Cinnamon
Dinner is never complete without a helping of a delectable dessert, especially if that dessert is chocolate mousse. The recipe below is both healthy and satisfying. With ingredients like coconut milk, cocoa powder and stevia, you can indulge in this dessert completely GUILT-FREE!
Coconut milk is not just a vegan alternative to milk from cows. It is superior to dairy milk in its nutritional value. Coconut milk has a greater content of vitamin B3, iron and copper, which are essential for the production of cortisol, boosting your metabolism and strengthening your immune system, respectively.
Other benefits of coconut milk include:
- Antibacterial and antiviral activities from coconut fat
- Contains minerals, like magnesium, which aids circulation and relaxes muscles, preventing heart attacks
- Lauric acid found in coconut milk lowers cholesterol and improves heart health
- Helps you lose weight since the fat found in coconuts is converted into energy rather than stored as fat
- Improves digestion
- Lowers inflammation
Although coconuts are loaded with saturated fat, this fat is considered a healthy fat that is beneficial to your well-being.
Let me take this opportunity to debunk the myth that chocolate makes you fat. Well, technically it can. But that is only due to the high sugar concentration present in most chocolate products, such as chocolate bars.
Actual cocoa, which is used as a basis for making chocolate, comes from cocoa beans and provides numerous health benefits:
- Contains minerals such as calcium (known for strengthening your bones) and potassium (improves kidney function)
- Contains antioxidants that fight cancer and reduce the risk of heart disease
- Has been known to have antidepressant effects by boosting endorphins, the same hormone that is released when you exercise or have sex
Get your Free copy of The Bacon & Butter Cookbook
This free cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy!GET YOUR FREE COOKBOOK!
Stevia is a South American leafy plant, commonly used for medicinal purposes. Unlike conventional table sugar, whose only power is stretching your jeans, stevia is a natural sweetener and comes with many health benefits:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties
- Aids urination
- Helps prevent heart disease
Using stevia to sweeten your desserts is a much healthier alternative to your traditional fructose.
Republished with permission from drperlmutter.com.
Coconut Chocolate Mousse
Prep time: Few hours to overnight
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1–2 teaspoons stevia (depending on how sweet you want it)
- Optional: shredded coconut, almond butter, cinnamon
- Chill the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Scoop out the solidified cream into a mixing bowl and beat vigorously with a whisk or electric mixer until softened (it shouldn’t liquify).
- Add the cocoa powder and stevia and continue to beat until the mousse is light and fluffy.
- Top with shredded coconut, a dollop of almond butter, or cinnamon, and serve.
A Quick Note from Our Founder
Have you been curious about losing weight eating Bacon and Butter? You're not alone!
Going "Keto" has helped so many of my friends drop weight and keep it off.
And it's the perfect time to try it because right now you can get a free copy of a brand new cookbook called The Bacon and Butter Cookbook
This cookbook is jampacked with 148 delicious ketogenic recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!
If you've struggled to get rid of stubborn fat, you owe it to yourself to test-drive the keto diet and see how effective it really is. It’ll be easy once you have this free cookbook…
HURRY, this FREE offer won’t last long!