Healthy cookie dough recipes
Do you remember when you were a kid and hung around your mom when she made cookies? The cookie dough was the best part, especially when you got the opportunity to taste it. As an adult, you can make your very own cookie dough and one that suits your every taste. You can decide whether you want to make it gluten free, without any dairy or additional sugar. Not to mention, there are a lot of health benefits associated with eating cookie dough, as these are rich in both proteins and good fats. In an effort to come to your rescue, we have gathered the best healthy cookie dough recipes, for you to try out. (Healthy cookie dough recipes? It still sounds crazy, but they’re really real. Happy baking!)
Base for cookie dough
In order to prepare the cookie dough, for four to six persons, you will require the following:
- flour (2 cups)
- brown sugar (1 cup)
- butter (1 cup, at room temperature, so that it is soft)
- milk (2 tablespoons), vanilla (1 teaspoon) and salt (1 teaspoon)
- To prepare the cookie dough, mix everything together until they are evenly combined.
- You can then refrigerate the cookie dough and use it for further recipes.
- If you want the recipe to be gluten free, you can replace the regular flour with oat or coconut flour. For dairy-free and sugar-free cookie dough, you can use dairy-free milk, cashew/almond butter and maple syrup (agave, sweetener, etc.).
Chocolate chip cookie dough
Once you have prepared the basic recipe, you can enrich it with additional ingredients. For example, you can add chocolate chips to your cookie dough, to create a delicious recipe. You can also add mini chocolate chips as well, so as to ensure a unique taste and texture. When everything is well combined, you can go ahead and form the cookies for baking.
Cookie dough with biscuits
For this mouth-watering recipe, you will require several sandwich biscuits. The first thing that you want to do is place the sandwich biscuits in a plastic bag, crushing them until you obtain smaller pieces. Add the crushed biscuits to the cookie dough and mix everything together, until you obtain an even mixture.
Cookie dough with peanut butter and chocolate candy
This particular type of cookie dough is suitable for children and adults alike. It contains a delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate, which everyone knows are among the best brain foods. To serve four to six people, you will require three cups of peanut butter and ¼ cup of chocolate candy. Mix all of the ingredients, until they are evenly combined, then form the cookies and enjoy!
Triple chocolate cookie dough
Cookie dough and chocolate go perfectly together, so it makes sense to try a recipe that has three different kinds of chocolate. For this recipe, you will require these additional ingredients:
- melted chocolate (1/3 cup)
- white chocolate chips (1/4 cup)
- black chocolate chips (1/4 cup)
- As a first step, mix the melted chocolate with the cookie dough.
- Once you have mixed these two well.
- Add the white and black chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, no refined sugar cookie dough
This one may take the cake for truly healthy cookie dough recipes. If you are a health freak, you can go ahead and give this unique recipe a try. This recipe is especially recommended to those who are trying to maintain a healthy figure, delivering a good dose of healthy fats and proteins. These are the ingredients you will require:
- mashed banana/unsweetened applesauce (1/2 cup)
- vanilla protein powder (1/2 cup)
- cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- oat/coconut flour (1 tablespoon)
- granulated sweetener (1 tablespoon)
- cashew/almond butter (2 tablespoons)
- maple syrup (1 tablespoon)
- dairy free milk (1 tablespoon or more)
- dairy-free chocolate chips (as you please)
- Begin the preparation of this recipe by mixing the following ingredients together: mashed banana/applesauce, vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, oat/coconut flour, and sweetener.
- For the next step, melt the cashew/almond butter, together with the maple syrup.
- Add the resulting mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Continue by adding the dairy free milk, until you obtain the desired consistency.
- For the last step, add the dairy-free chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Cookie dough with almonds and dates
If you like a crunchy texture in your healthy cookie dough, you should consider this recipe. Here are the ingredients you will require:
- rolled oats (1 cup)
- raw almonds (1 cup)
- pitted dates (10-12)
- water (1/4-1/2 cup)
Alternatively, you can add chocolate chips, cacao nibs or even raisins.
- Begin by grinding the almonds and rolled oats, until you obtain the desired texture.
- Add the dates and the water, blending so that you form a paste.
- Place the dough in the fridge and, once it is firm, enjoy!
Sweet cookie dough
This sweet cookie dough is perfect to make around the holidays and a great choice for kids, as you can add food coloring and transform them into something amazing. These are the ingredients you will require:
- raw cashews (1 ½ cups)
- oats (3/4 cup)
- pure maple syrup (3 tablespoons)
- brown rice syrup (2 tablespoons)
- pure vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- Begin by mixing the raw cashews with the oats, with the help of a blender or food processor.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the sweet cookie dough, until it becomes firm, then enjoy!
These are a few healthy cookie dough recipes, which are definitely worth your time. As you have seen, all of them contain healthy ingredients, so that you can make the perfect desert and bring happiness to your entire family. Even if you are intolerant to gluten or dairy, you can still have cookie dough, thanks to the alternative ingredients that you can use. For adults, adding protein powder is an excellent idea, as it can cover your daily protein intake. As for children, a little bit of food coloring can make the cookie dough even more appealing. You can also use cookie cutters and shape the dough into different forms, for even more fun. In the end, eating cookie dough is something that both children and adults can enjoy!